Has anyone used MacAir used on British Airways ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by VS007, Apr 30, 2008.

1. VS007 macrumors member

Planning to buy the Mac Air adapter and take it on my next flight.

2. MazingerZ macrumors 6502

MazingerZ

Not on BA, but i use mine on Cathay Pacific with empower.

3. VS007 thread starter macrumors member

4. glitch44 macrumors 65816

i believe if you know the model plane you're flying on you can find out what power is available here

5. abc861 macrumors newbie

6. aey619 macrumors newbie

I flew on british airways and I went on seat guru to check if I was flying on the seats with a power port. Luckily my first flight was canceled and they upgraded me on the travler world plus seats, where they had the power ports. Unfortunately I didnt have the flight adaptor at the time. :(

7. euanmackie macrumors member

There is no product called the MacAir, its called MacBook Air.

8. animatedude macrumors 65816

9. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Hah, can't wait for the day that Apple will charge us for Air... Still, he posted it on a MacBook Air forum <.<

To the OP, Quite a lot of European Airlines have usual connections, I would rather get the Original Travel adapter kit that comes with the European socket and the British one, that can be helpful if the Plane only accepts one format

10. Doebldodl macrumors newbie

While overhauling their fleet, BA is moving away from EmPower towards 110V AC power (for which US-style prongs will do fine, can't remember whether Europlugs or UK plugs work, too). What you get depends on your plane and class of travel. Consult SeatGuru for reference.

11. KPOM macrumors G5

If you are in Club World a regular AC adapter will work (American style). Some of the older First class seats still use the airplane adapter, but by now most of them should be changed over. I don't know about World Traveller/Plus.