Has anyone used the 12.9 ASK with the 10.5?

Eric5273

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
New Jersey
There doesn't seem any reason to do this. If you want a full size keyboard with your 10.5, then just get the Apple Magic Keyboard. It works wonderfully, a charge lasts many months, when you do need to charge it uses the same lightning cable as your iPad, and it shows how much battery the keyboard has in the battery widget on your iPad.

Farrellcollie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
I use the 12.9 smart keyboard with my new 10.5. It works fine.
I don't use it all the time so I am not usually walking around with the larger keyboard hanging off the smaller ipad, it is a lot easier to type on for me versus the smaller size one, it is easy to stick in my bag or use on my desk for when I need it and it is a lot cheaper than buying another keyboard.I use the pencil more so for me, a second keyboard would be a waste of money when the 12.9 works perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAppleNYC123

BigAppleNYC123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
There doesn't seem any reason to do this. If you want a full size keyboard with your 10.5, then just get the Apple Magic Keyboard. It works wonderfully, a charge lasts many months, when you do need to charge it uses the same lightning cable as your iPad, and it shows how much battery the keyboard has in the battery widget on your iPad.
I have a magic keyboard at my desk. This would be for bed, couch, traveling.

blitzwing

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2012
i am using this combo now since i upgrade from my 12.9 Pro gen 1 to 10.5. Typing is good since the keyboard is much bigger but holding it when it is folded looks weird because the keyboard area is much bigger than the iPad. Functionality wise no issues or problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.