Has anyone used the fake Apple silicone cases off a amazon?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Caris, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

2. Freakonomics101 macrumors 68000

Freakonomics101

Walmart sells aftermarket ones as well and the one I purchased is durable. I had an actual Apple case for my 7+ and the corner started to rip several months later.

3. PeteS1963 macrumors 6502

I haven’t tried that one but in the past I’ve tried knock-off ones from Anazon for other iPhones. They were sort of OK but non that I tried had the quality, fit and finish of Apples silicone cases.

4. Sugadaddy macrumors regular

I got the black AICase one from Amazon Canada. It's OK, not great. The silicone is more flexible where the buttons are, so they feel good. Bad part is it doesn't fit quite perfectly on one side, so it has a tendency to pop out.

I have a blue one from another seller coming from China, haven't received it yet.

Kinda mad Apple hasn't released one yet. I guess they want people showing off the colours and dropping them.

5. M1905 macrumors newbie

I ordered fake Silicone Cases from China in eBay and Aliexpress.
    Hope the customs dont Stop the Parcel because they are fake.

Also hope that Apple release the cases for the XR later.....

6. ssspinball macrumors 6502

If it's like the fake silicone Apple Watch bands, they'll pick up lint like crazy. The real bands/cases aren't nearly as bad.

7. PeteS1963 macrumors 6502

That’s actually a good point I’d almost forgotten about. Yes, the knock-off silicone cases that I tried did pick up lint like crazy.

8. mdorais macrumors regular

I've bought a fake silicone case for the X from China via Ebay. It has a tear in the corner after less than 2 weeks of use. They're 100% junk.

Genuine cases from Apple last you about a year before they start to wear down to the plastic structure underneath that the fake ones don't have (hence, the tear).

9. antwon412 macrumors member

I just received my Torras silicone case from amazon. Fits great. Terribly ugly color. It’s very pastel. Hard pass. Guess I’ll return it and find a different brand. Navy blue would look good with the yellow phone.