Has anyone used the Matrox DualHead2Go for a Mac Mini?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ASalkever, Sep 19, 2008.

1. ASalkever macrumors newbie

I'm looking to use a dual monitor set-up and the Matrox device looks great but I want to make sure people like it before I pull the trigger. Any issues with it? Thanks!

2. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Hey

I use one on my macbook pro. It's pretty awesome. The drivers that it comes with are pathetic. I ended up getting new ones off the matrox website.

The only thing i have noticed is that it will only do a span, you can't have say 1 image on one screen and another on the second screen.

The dock will appear in the middle of the screen, if you full screen a dvd or video it will appear in the middle of the screen.

Sure you can fix the dock problem, download software to move it to a corner of the screen. But the video you can't

You get a VGA cable with it, and a USB cable. The usb cable is a power connection for the unit, so you loose a usb port on the mini. You will need a dvi converter for the vga cable.

3. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

In other words, all it really does is take two displays, combine the signals, then sends it to the graphic card, fooling it into thinking it's one display (a display with a very odd and very wide resolution).

4. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Yeah i guess, unless anyone else knows how to make it so that its 1 image per screen.