Has anyone used this with Logic?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Sethiroth, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Sethiroth macrumors newbie

M-Audio Delta 1010LT

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Delta1010LT/reviews/#anchor

Apparently it works with both Windows and Mac.

Im wondering how it interfaces with Logic Express. Does this mean I can record 10 different instraments to 10 different tracks at the same time?

Excuse my lack of knowledge. Im new to this sort of thing.

Also, what else would I need other then this?

Thanks!

2. zygo macrumors member

What's your system spec? These cards won't go in Mac Pro's, or some G5's.

Are you wanting to record 10 mics at the same time? This card only has 2 pre-amps.

Describe what you would like to be able to do.

3. Sethiroth thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I have read that it wont go in Macs that don't support 33Mhz PCI slots. I don't have the computer yet. I am a Computer programmer/tech with access to lots of different systems, so thats no real big deal. i was just wondering if it interfaces with OS/X.5.1 Leopard. If it does, then I will get a used Mac that it will work in and upgrade the OS.

I would like to have a system set up for individual studio work, but also have the option to record a live set.

Can I have a band set up and then run a PA through this?
    If I have two guitarist and a singer can I record them at the same time without running through a PA?
    If I have 8 different instraments playing at the same time, will it record them all onto different tracks on the software?

These are the questions that Im wondering.

4. zygo macrumors member

Personally I would never depend on computer/software solution to run a live performance.... too risky-computer crashes and the sound drops (or worse causes pops etc to damage your speakers).

It may be better running into a mixer, then taking sends from this into your computer. The PA runs off the mixer-so the FOH isn't going to crash if the computer does. But you can send tracks/buses to the computer to record. This way also gives you the benefit of using a mixers pre-amps.... so you're not limited to the 2 on the delta-1010.

M-Audio haven't yet released drivers for 10.5.1 across the range yet-some work with 10.4.10 drivers in Leopard though. Not sure about the delta-1010 specifically, but hunt around the forums and you'll find someone with one.

5. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure he is saying PA generically and meaning a mixer. I don't think the OP is asking about a live gig, rather, recording "live" as in full band at once instead of track-at-a-time.

Sethiroth, can you clarify?

6. xjtxbox macrumors newbie

sounds to me like he wanted them all to be on seperate tracks once they were in his mixer. but that just how i read it, he needs to clarify.

if you want seperate tracks recorded live i would recomend the presonus firestudio. its great.