Has anyone wall mounted their 27" iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by drs6222, Dec 9, 2010.

1. drs6222 macrumors newbie

I have been doing some research and have gathered enough info to go for it.

Now, I haven't bought the iMac, but I am going tonight to probably pull the trigger on it.

I have already ordered this mount via Apple:

Link to VESA Mount

I have than selected this mount due to it's ability to mount such a big LCD and it's ability to hold the weight of the computer. I also want to be able to have it sit flush on the wall while using it as a computer, but extend and rotate 90degrees to watch movies, tv, etc while laying in bed, which I believe the mount will do due to it's ability to extend to far and swivel.

I believe it will look like this, but this is an older image, I believe, and not a 27" imac.

[​IMG]

Has anyone ever done this with a 27" iMac? I am wondering how hard it is to remove the base stand, as my 21.5" iMac at work as no holes or screws in plain sight.

Any help would be appreciated, I will take pictures along the way of installation.

2. mad-jamie16 macrumors regular

The VESA mount that you have bought from apple comes with all the tools you require to take the iMac stand off.

3. drs6222 thread starter macrumors newbie

Good to hear.

I actually found a youtube video showing a guy doing it, but in a different language. :confused:

I'm confident I can figure it out.

4. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

There's already a huge, huge thread about it here, and I discuss my set-up (with pictures) in these comments.

5. drs6222 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool setup. Unfortunately, I am going for the space saver approach. I have a big desk I would love to throw away, and rather just get a computer cart for the keyboard, mouse, speakers, external HD's etc.

Will def read through that thread. :D