Has Anyone With Dust Under Their Screen Kept Their iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MICHAELSD, Aug 6, 2009.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

My third iPhone 3GS (the rest were exchanged due to various debris, including metal under the screen and scratches out of the box) came with a speck of dust under the screen. This wouldn't be as big of an annoyance if the screen backlight didn't light up the dust, and the dust also killed the pixel, so it looks black (and redish on some angles). I really don't feel like exchanging my iPhone 3GS again, but the dust is getting really annoying. I'm not a fan of Genius Bar screen replacements as I've been dissatisfied with a screen replacement before, which came with about five specks of dust under the glass and scratches and nicks across the glass, so I would really want to get another iPhone replacement if I chose to get this problem fixed.

Has anyone ever kept an iPhone with dust under their screen? It can become annoying as a speck of dust can also potentially kill pixels and become something that you constantly stare at.

2. jsook724 macrumors regular

i can exchange my phone just for dust under the screen?!?!?!

3. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Honestly, I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not. In some cases, dust under the display can get very annoying as it's always over whatever you're viewing on your iPhone's screen, and it can be practically always noticeable, unlike dust over the screen which isn't lit by the display's backlight and couldn't make a dead pixel.

4. jsook724 macrumors regular

it wasnt sarcasm

5. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I find the odd speck of dust every now and then. They somehow dissapear after a day or so.

6. Ninja Dom macrumors 6502

Ninja Dom

The Apple Store in Westfield Shopping Centre, West London, cleans out the dust under the screen for you.

7. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I have one or two pieces under my screen but I'm getting a 3GS in two months so it doesn't really bother me anymore, plus it's a MOBILE device. Things are bound to go wrong with it.

8. zachplaysguitar macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I have a ridiculous amount of dust under my 3Gs screen. Do all Apple stores clean out the dust?