Has anyone wrote email to SJ about the glossy screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gloor, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Gloor macrumors 6502a

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone wrote an email to SJ about the glossy screen, or asking for a matter option. I was a bit tempted to do it myself (participate for the first time ever) but I thought it would be pointless if someone else has done it already.
    So, has it been addressed and sent to his email or no one dared?

I'm only asking as sometimes we do get an answer and at the current stage, I'm waiting for 17" to be properly updated but I am not gonna buy if it doesn't have a matter option.

Thanks

2. MarkCombs macrumors member

Message to Steve

I asked the owner of this site, in an email over the weekend, to help us create a group letter to Apple/SJ over this issue. The more people that respond to this thread might help. I'll never buy a laptop with a glossy screen. I don't want to get into a matte/glossy argument. Glossy is fine for many people, it just does not work for me.

M

3. btnnaz macrumors regular

I used to hate glossy but on the new mbp its different I really like it I can barely tell a difference between it and the matte display, actually the new screen has a better picture

4. itcomic macrumors member

I thought Steve Jobs left Apple and retired.....:confused:

5. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Sadly that's the only response that will have an impact :(

6. bushbaby macrumors 6502

bushbaby

I'm in on that letter. The new screen isn't just glossy, it's glassy. We definitely need the matte option on the new 17.

7. tbae12 macrumors member

that's bill gates and microsoft

8. Gloor thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll wait till MWSF and see if they do something about it. If they don't introduce matte then I will either not buy a laptop at all, or I just buy something really cheap to do the job.
    I will not buy a glassy apple laptop for £2000. I went to see it in person, it looks nice but the glossy is a deal breaker for me. I don't travel that much so I guess I will survive.

I'm glad that I have my mac pro with 30" acd matte :D :D :D