Has anyone's credit card even been

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Batman89, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Batman89 macrumors 6502

used less and less now with Apple Pay? Mine has! I love it!

Will be even better once we can pay with our watches :cool:

2. kovey macrumors 6502a

You realize those Apple Pay purchases are still put into your credit card and they aren't free......... .... ......... right?

3. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

good thing kovey clarified that. so thankful to have forum heroes like him, fighting the good fight.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Pretty sure the OP meant use the cards physically.

5. kovey macrumors 6502a

The ability here to pick up on sarcasm is profound.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You need to do a better job at getting sarcasm across, as nobody can "hear" your sarcastic voice in a message forum.

7. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I've only used apple pay once so far. And yet I was a backer of coin, and very interested in plastc. I would have ordered one but I think that with the watch it's not necessary...hoping at least.

I long for the days when carrying my phone, or even my watch, provides all the identity I need (driving license, insurance, credit cards, passport etc)

8. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

I have used it just about anywhere I can find that takes NFC payments, Pay or otherwise. I love it.

9. My1stApple macrumors regular

My1stApple

I don't know why I can't get to love it#. I tried it once and didn't see any difference. I use my phone, put my pin in, cash back selection etc. I thought that using my phone instead of swiping my card didn't make any difference, since I always have my card in pocket. What am I doing wrong or what am I not getting??

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You're not getting that by using tokenization, you're making the transaction much safer from a possible breach in the future. Keeping your physical cards safe from being skimmed and your CC information breached the next time a major retailer is hacked are the more important factor.

Perhaps you're not seeing much of a difference because of the additional steps of inputing the pin and making cash back selection. However, ease of use is also a big factor here.

Using a physical credit card:
    1) Take wallet out
    2) Open wallet and take default card out of slot
    3) Swipe card

Using Apple Pay:
    1) With thumb on TouchID button, take iPhone out and bring near reader.

11. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Anyone figure out how to use the Apple Pay at Home Depot yet? The first time I tried we got it to go through FINALLY but I am not sure which of the 9 credit choices the girl finally used. I have tried twice since then with no luck. It seems to get a weird paypal message. Just curious.

12. RangeMaster619 macrumors regular

I actually forgot my pin number and had to go to the bank to reset it... oops...

----------

I've used apple pay a few times at home depot... maybe not in the last month, but it has always worked for me.

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Apple Pay at Home Depot works unofficially with Amex and Visa, but not Mastercard. Never had a problem using Apple Pay with Amex at my local Home Depot, but I use the self-checkout so I can avoid the clueless cashiers.

Try using the self-checkout and avoid MC as Mastercard Paypass is currently disabled there.

14. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

THATS IT. My transaction that worked was American Express. It was failing on MasterCard.

I wish Apple Pay worked at Costco. That would be handy. Maybe they will upgrade it all when they move to Visa on Jan 1.

15. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

16. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I read the switch will happen April 2016, but, yes, I also hope they'll start accepting Apple Pay.

17. My1stApple macrumors regular

My1stApple

I guess that since I keep my card in my pocket, no wallet, is the same to me to take out the card or the phone. But what you say about safety issues makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

18. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I am still shocked they switched companies. Wonder if they will transition or do it in one day. I am excited to get rid of some of my credit cards.

19. abluehaze macrumors regular

I've only come across two stores that I can use Apple Pay at, Whole Foods which I eat at for lunch every day and the Apple store.

I love Apple Pay but the fact that it's accepted almost nowhere really makes it nearly pointless.

Where are you guys using Apple Pay besides Whole Foods and Apple store?

20. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

I've used it at Walgreens a couple of times. Used at McDonalds drive through once but it was really awkward since the guy had to hold the entire POS station out of the window....won't be doing that again. lol