Has anyone's iphone ever done this?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lakerfan210, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Lakerfan210 macrumors regular

[​IMG]

Have you ever gotten this message and your iphone isn't conneted to anything. It did it three times today in the morning and I was able to take a screenshot of the last one. I have a Belkin charger that I used with my old 3g. I sometimes use it with my 3gs and I get this message but it still charges my iphone and I know this because I get the charging icon which obviously you can't see in the pic. The funny thing is I just finally decided to upgrade to 3.1.2 because I was expericing instability. And now my iphone is starting to do this. Should I be worry? I mean it hasn't done it in almost eight hours, but if it does it again should I restore the phone? Any tips I would appreciate.

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

probably because the belkin charger isnt compatible with 3gs 3.1.2, but actually is compatible. just go to the apple store and pick up one of their connection cords, should fix the problem. this is totally normal.

3. Lakerfan210 thread starter macrumors regular

I know this is normal when the belkin charger IS Connected. When I took that snapshot nothing was connected. Hence the reason to my question. This is the first time I see this with my iPhone not being connected to anything.

4. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Wirelessly posted (David's Black 16GB iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

This is almost definitely a software issue. This issue is fairly common as this isn't the first I've heard of it. Before I prescribe a Restore, try rebooting your iPhone and see if the problem occurs. If it does then reset it to do a reset, hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds or until the screen goes blank. This is basically a Force Quit for the iPhone but instead of quitting only one process, it terminates all processes and shuts down without running any shut down scripts. This forces the iPhone not to save anything that it would usually save in a shut down script such as dock connection logs which I suspect is the culprit in this issue. Don't worry though, any other data that you created or modified that is saved when you click Save in the app or upon the app's closing is safe.

DPA