Has anyone's Mac Pro order missed its ship-by date?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Jupeman, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Jupeman macrumors member

My mac pro is shown to ship between "Jan 25 - 29". Obviously, I was hoping for closer to the 25th. The status has not changed AT ALL since I placed the order on 1/13. I'm wondering if anyone has seen their ship date slip past the original estimate. I'll be very depressed if it doesn't at least ship by tomorrow (the last day in the range).

The aspects that seem to have delayed my order:

3.2 processors
    RAID card

(I ordered the 8800GT separately and it shows shipping on 3/5...)

2. mrcandy macrumors regular

Mine missed it's ship date. I ordered the morning of announcement, the only change to the base config was Bluetooth for mouse and keyboard. I went for the ATI video card and expedited shipping to get it sooner. Originally quoted ship date was 11-15 Jan, then on the 16th I got an email saying it was "unexpectedly delayed" with a revised ship date of 18-22 Jan. It did finally ship on Jan 18.

I know of at least one other MR member who had the same thing happen to him. Both of us are in Canada was the only thing I could see in common.

3. flieschut macrumors newbie

Ordered thurs. on truck for delivery today.....
    didn't order a RAID card though.
    and I'm in CA, not CAN : )

4. G4DP macrumors 65816

Yep mine missed it's due date, it was 4 days early.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

5. Jupeman thread starter macrumors member

Well, today is the last day in the range and the order still shows today as the last day in the shipping range but no ship notice yet... When do they update their site?

6. Jupeman thread starter macrumors member

I AM SO MAD!

Apple just pushed my ship date to "Feb 8-13". That was the original shipping range when I first ordered my machine. Then I cancelled the order to get it faster (dropped the 8800GT from the order and ordered it separately). WHAT THE H^#$!

This is annoying. I hope everyone else's orders don't get punted back >1 week, too.

7. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

Sheesh, what kind of configuration did you make?

8. Jupeman thread starter macrumors member

RAID Card
    Wireless Card
    500 GB Hard Drive

Those are the options I ordered on 1/13. Now Apple is telling me it is going to take a month to ship that machine - assuming they don't push the ship date again...

9. Bass108 macrumors member

i too am waiting for the 7th to arrive for shipping. i placed an order for a raid card when the shipping was changed within the hour from 7-10 days to 2-3 weeks. so no 2 weeks later I am hoping I am part of the early batch but we'll see. What kind of urks me is that now apple's store this week says shipping 7-10 days again...soooooo i could have ordered this monday instead of 2 weeks ago and been in the same boat.

whats the hold up for raid cards. does anyone have a machine with a raid card. is this a maybe 10.5.2 issue as well?

10. Jupeman thread starter macrumors member

Maybe some of the issues being discussed here with the new MPs are "real" and they are trying to proactively correct them? Who knows. More transparency into the process would be nice.

11. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

It looks like the RAID Card is holding the show... as that's the only item at the store that throws the ship date off. Still a bummer though that you have to wait a month. Let's hope they ship it sooner than the ship date, as we've seen others post around these forums, and one in this thread. :rolleyes:

12. Jupeman thread starter macrumors member

For those riveted to this saga...

My computer shipped today. So well, before the revised ship date.

13. kittiyut macrumors regular

kittiyut

No, the RAID card is NOT the only item delaying the ship date. The FX5600 as well. Ordered both on JAN 14 (and 3.2 8 core), ship date ~ Feb 20th. :mad:

14. conancn macrumors member

I order mine on 29th, and still not shipped yet. The main issue I assume is the storm(Shanghai area specifically) and Chinese new year in China.