Has anyone's touch arrived from any UK online store?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tijuanamiguel, Sep 27, 2007.

1. tijuanamiguel macrumors member

I've ordered mine from currys online store. i tried cancelling because i realised i'd probably get a defective unit, but i got this email:

"Dear Mr Santana Da Silva,

Thank you for your email dated 25th September 2007.

It is too late to cancel the order as the parcel
    had already been dispatched. DHL are at the moment holding the
    parcel for you.

If you would contact DHL on ********** and refuse the package,
    then we will be able to action a full refund for you."

I guess currys DID have them in stock after all.

Anyway, post up if/when your UK order has arrived

2. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

They don't. I'd call again and try cancel. It could be the same as Apple's online orders - that is once they change the status to 'prepared for shipment', it becomes impossible to cancel. This isn't necessarily because there is a batch of iPods waiting to ship though. It could just be that they change it to that status to prevent customers getting fed up with the waiting times and cancelling.

3. tijuanamiguel thread starter macrumors member

oh i WOULD try and cancel again, but after my experience with them on the phone ( http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=4246705 ) i'm not even going to bother contacting them. i bet it's gonna be a week 37 with screen problem so i'll have to get a refund and then buy one from apple. i dont fancy a replacement from currys after this, so its either a week 38 to keep or a 37 to get sent back and get one from apple

4. seebul macrumors member

I'd like to know if anyone's received there's from play.com?? I ordered mine yesterday from play, will i get it on monday?

5. tijuanamiguel thread starter macrumors member

I was at college today and my mum is in london, so no one was in today. however, i got home at 5PM and found a card on the floor from DHL.

it was my ipod. how frustrating! i called them and its being re-delivered tomorrow - mum is back home.

will you guys believe me or do i have to scan in the DHL card and screencap the email with the same item number?

i could have had it today... but tomorrow is good enough also!

even if turns out to be a week 37, people are reporting a fixed screen with the bug fix update, so it might be alright after all