Has Apple Confirmed they will be Opening at 8 am ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pugnut, Jul 4, 2008.

1. pugnut macrumors 6502a

I spoke to someone at the Apple Store in Clarendon and she told me that they more then likely will be opening at the normal time, which is 10 am and will more then likely close and reopen sometime in the afternoon to begin selling. I asked if she was aware that ATT was opening at 8am and she said no.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Apple stores are opening at their regular times.

3. gibbz macrumors 68030

This has not been confirmed. Apple has not released this info. They are holding meetings on July 6th and info will follow afterwards.

4. gandalf18 macrumors member

Has Apple actually announced this yet? I would assume you're right, I'm just not aware of Apple officially confirming it.

5. c4blows macrumors member

It's confirmed AT&T is selling the phone at 8am though right? I read it in another thread, but there wasent any link.

6. gibbz macrumors 68030

Again, AT&T confirmed at 8a.m., Apple has not confirmed anything. I don't really see Apple letting AT&T upstage them. Apple will release info after their July 6th meetings.

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Upstage them? They got $500 to $600 on every phone sold to AT&T. I don't think that they care that someone else is diminishing their stock of an Apple product so that they have to buy more.

8. gibbz macrumors 68030

I understand all of that. It is the simple fact that iPhone is Apple's baby, and it is the perception of AT&T selling before them that would seem upstaging in U.S. Both stores started selling them at the same time last year and I bet they do this year as well.

9. aethelbert macrumors 601

Why would a store need to confirm if they're opening at the same time as any other day? I think that they'll probably just open at the normal times, especially if nothing has been determined yet.

10. gibbz macrumors 68030

Ahhh, but July 11th is not just any other day. It's iPhone 3G launch day :)

11. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

What does Apple lose not selling the iPhone at 8AM?

Nothing.

12. gandalf18 macrumors member

Free publicity of morning news shows airing live shots of the lines outside the stores. Better to have an Apple logo associated with the store than an AT&T logo! :)

13. aethelbert macrumors 601

You know that Apple stores will sell them. They don't need to announce things that are the norm. Typically if the store hours are going to change, they make an announcement quite a while before hand. They release new/updated stuff all the time but don't have "Store will open at 10am" press releases.