Has Apple decided not to bring the Podcast app over to ATV 4?

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by NickTuesday, Dec 25, 2015.

1. NickTuesday, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015

NickTuesday macrumors member

Were nearing 2 months out and still no Podcast app from Apple. I worry that its not a popular feature in the first place that Apple may never bring it over. I find it the best way to organize and listen to podcasts while at home.
    Yes they are other podcast apps, but they are rather limited to what Apple offered. In fact I found a strange one for 99 cents yesterday, where you actually have to manually enter the url of every podcast you want to subscribe too. Kinda strange and tedious, especially considering the input from the remote.
    Is it dead? Does the Apple TV podcast app die with the 3?

2. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

Popsquare is a decent one for now, Downcast will be releasing one early 2016 and if it is like the Ios App it will be better than anything from Apple

3. ajforbes20 macrumors regular

ajforbes20

4. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

5. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

You can always AirPlay from your iOS devices... That's how I currently podcast

6. hak187 macrumors member

I tried a video podcast in the podcast app on ATV4 after the system update and it worked without issue.

7. Kaffrey macrumors newbie

Kaffrey

Is anyone having trouble playing restricted/explicit content. 'Restrictions' have been turned off in settings but I keep getting a message saying the podcast cannot be played due to restrictions.

8. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Yes!! I'm having that exact issue. Restrictions aren't turned on on my Apple TV at all, nor have they ever been. Really strange.

9. Mikebcn macrumors newbie

Mikebcn

I also had that issue. I activated restrictions and then deactivated them again and it worked. Its as if it needs to trigger the Off Restrictions.