Has Apple Released any stats on iTunes Match Subscribers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by LaWally, Mar 3, 2012.

1. LaWally macrumors 6502a

Has anyone seen any stats from Apple (or other credible source) on the number of subscribers to its iTune Match service? I've searched the web, but have come up empty. Just curious.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Not that I know of, but typically they recite these sort of things during their keynotes.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'd be surprised if the stats. reflect the uptake that Apple were hoping for. I may be proved wrong, but I believe the majority of IOS device users prefer to keep their media libraries and files on their machines. Personally, I do not use the cloud to back anything up. With a TC, and NAS I have ample disaster prevention in place.

Ii would, however be interesting to see them. As posted here, Apple tend to trot such stuff out in keynotes, so we may know soon.

4. LaWally thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess we can only wait for Apple to release the numbers. I figure they are not blowing the doors off else they would have publicized the numbers already. It would be interesting to know what Apple's expectations were/are with the service and how close the initial subscriptions are tracking to those expectations.

5. eric/ Guest

eric/

iCloud isn't about backing things up. It's about syncing your data across devices.

Update your contacts on your mac, they are automatically updated by the time you access the app on your iPhone.