Has Apple stopped production of first gen iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kris B.., Jul 15, 2008.

1. Kris B.. macrumors member

Soo, i went out on Saturday and snagged myself a white iPhone 3G and I Was ecstatic until i noticed my phone had the yellow tinge, had a minute of buyers remorse, and then got over it :D. Currently I'm taking a five hour long 2 class summer school course [7-12] and i loved playing with my old iPhone durring both classes,cuz i mean cmon, who takes summer school seriously anyways [my teachers dont even give a sh**]. I'm really used to having at least 40-50 percent after school, after: browsing net quite heavily, listening to music, playing various app store games etc. After doing all these things on the new iPhone, it practically dies on me by 11 I also have 3G disabled, I have the brightness half way [super yellow tinge :eek:] EQ off, wifi off, bluetooth off, and location services off. So my point is, right now and old iphone 8 or 16GB is sounding really good [ 4gigs wasn't cutting it, to much media]. I really need the battery life I was getting out of my old iphone, and idk if im willing to go out and buy an external battery pack, even though i know there are some pretty cheap ones out there.

P.S. I'm pretty sure I am not getting " 2 times as fast" internet with 3G enabled but its faster, im not whining about this i was just wondering if you guys think ATT's network will "stablize" itself and we'll get faster speeds later on down the road OR will it get worse? [I'm not much of a tech wiz, but I'd say I know enough;)]

So my point is where can i get an 8 or 16GB besides ebay? Anyone?
    -Thanks

2. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

Yes they most likely have stopped and have units that are there for replacements for older users. You can scoop some up but not cheap.

Just wait for an update, as it seems 2.0 sucks alot of juice from the phone.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

are you serious? if you turn off 3G, or you're not in a 3G area then you won't be getting the faster internet speeds.

4. Kris B.. thread starter macrumors member

Haha, ooops forgot to specify, yeah i have 3G enabled when i tested the speeds

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

They only have them on hand for replacements.

6. Kris B.. thread starter macrumors member

Well,I still have my old iPhone. What would have to happen for apple to replace it? or can i just send it to them and have them refurbish it or something and pay a fee?

7. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

I got mine replaced a few days before the 3G launch but i had legit issues. I kept getting a popup that says the dock im using is incompatible and go into airport mode when i wasnt docking and a host of other weird issues.

So they replaced me. I think in general if you tell them your not happy, you get random crashing and you've restored it multiple times and it doesn't help or other random issues they'll swap you out at the store.

They do run diagnostics so they might see if there hasn't been issues but who knows what it tells them. When i first went a few months back they couldnt even check it because i had just restored it and they seemed less in the mood to swap.

I got lucky this time because there system was down and just did it.

I think they are either still making the old ones or just checking old ones that are returned, refurbishing them and using them as replacements.

8. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Next to the signal bars, does the logo have an 'E' or '3G'?
    If it has 'E', then your area does not support fast internet.

9. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Obviously you are going to have lower battery after playing with apps. Those things take up battery like an Alcoholic at an open bar.

10. Kris B.. thread starter macrumors member

So should A:I make an appointment with a mac "genius":rolleyes: B: just walk in to the store or C: call applecare?

11. Kris B.. thread starter macrumors member

LOL:p