Has Apple updated bootcamp drivers for WIN7 64bit?

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
Did they update the video driver for the 27" iMac so it did not have the "gradient problem"?:confused:

I am wanting to get a 27" again but only if they have fixed this problem.:confused:

Pd1

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
I just installed Win 7 64 on my 2010 mac mini so it does work...Now I just need the darn wireless driver.

chrfr

macrumors G3
Jul 11, 2009
I just installed Win 7 64 on my 2010 mac mini so it does work...Now I just need the darn wireless driver.
The Bootcamp drivers included with the computer don't have that driver?

Pd1

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
The Bootcamp drivers included with the computer don't have that driver?
How would I know if they were included? Would Win 7 find them automatically or would I have to direct it to a folder somewhere?

Sorry for the newb question. First timer here.

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2007
California
You need to put in your OS X DVD after installing Windows 7 and run the Boot Camp installer. This will install all the needed drivers. I can't speak for 2010 Macs but I just finished a Windows 7 install yesterday on my 2008 MacBook Pro and everything works as it should.

valvehead

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2008
USA
SO, it is still not fixed.:(
Did you read the post I linked? The author pointed out which driver works.

FYI, the drivers included on the OS X disc as well as updates from Apple have almost always been way out of date. Until Apple gets their act together and properly "supports" Windows 7, you'll have to go to the manufacturers' sites for up-to-date drivers.

Pd1

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
You need to put in your OS X DVD after installing Windows 7 and run the Boot Camp installer. This will install all the needed drivers. I can't speak for 2010 Macs but I just finished a Windows 7 install yesterday on my 2008 MacBook Pro and everything works as it should.
Unfortunately that didn't work for me. The 2010 Mini didn't recognize either disk (OS or Apps) while running Win 7 x64. I'm downloading BC 3.0 and the 3.1 update from the Apple site now, so hopefully this works.

chrfr

macrumors G3
Jul 11, 2009
Unfortunately that didn't work for me. The 2010 Mini didn't recognize either disk (OS or Apps) while running Win 7 x64. I'm downloading BC 3.0 and the 3.1 update from the Apple site now, so hopefully this works.
The included OS installer should mount just fine with a Windows partition on it. 3.0 and 3.1 are older than what would have come with your computer.

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2007
California
Did you read the post I linked? The author pointed out which driver works.

FYI, the drivers included on the OS X disc as well as updates from Apple have almost always been way out of date. Until Apple gets their act together and properly "supports" Windows 7, you'll have to go to the manufacturers' sites for up-to-date drivers.
The good thing is that Windows Update usually will catch those and find the updated driver. I will recommend you go to NVIDIA (or ATI, whichever) and get the video drivers from there - but my network card and sound, etc have all been updated via Windows Update once I installed the "old" drivers from Boot Camp.

Pd1

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
The included OS installer should mount just fine with a Windows partition on it. 3.0 and 3.1 are older than what would have come with your computer.
You're right. I tried it again and it worked fine. The first time Win 7 saw it as a blank DVD disk...this time it saw Boot Camp just fine. All the drivers installed so I'm all set on Win 7 x64. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.