Has Apple updated bootcamp drivers for WIN7 64bit?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Stealthipad, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Did they update the video driver for the 27" iMac so it did not have the "gradient problem"?:confused:

I am wanting to get a 27" again but only if they have fixed this problem.:confused:

2. Stealthipad thread starter macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

3. valvehead macrumors regular

4. Stealthipad thread starter macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

5. Pd1 macrumors newbie

I just installed Win 7 64 on my 2010 mac mini so it does work...Now I just need the darn wireless driver.

6. chrfr macrumors 603

The Bootcamp drivers included with the computer don't have that driver?

7. Pd1 macrumors newbie

How would I know if they were included? Would Win 7 find them automatically or would I have to direct it to a folder somewhere?

Sorry for the newb question. First timer here.

8. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

You need to put in your OS X DVD after installing Windows 7 and run the Boot Camp installer. This will install all the needed drivers. I can't speak for 2010 Macs but I just finished a Windows 7 install yesterday on my 2008 MacBook Pro and everything works as it should.

9. valvehead macrumors regular

Did you read the post I linked? The author pointed out which driver works.

FYI, the drivers included on the OS X disc as well as updates from Apple have almost always been way out of date. Until Apple gets their act together and properly "supports" Windows 7, you'll have to go to the manufacturers' sites for up-to-date drivers.

10. Pd1 macrumors newbie

Unfortunately that didn't work for me. The 2010 Mini didn't recognize either disk (OS or Apps) while running Win 7 x64. I'm downloading BC 3.0 and the 3.1 update from the Apple site now, so hopefully this works.

11. chrfr macrumors 603

The included OS installer should mount just fine with a Windows partition on it. 3.0 and 3.1 are older than what would have come with your computer.

12. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

The good thing is that Windows Update usually will catch those and find the updated driver. I will recommend you go to NVIDIA (or ATI, whichever) and get the video drivers from there - but my network card and sound, etc have all been updated via Windows Update once I installed the "old" drivers from Boot Camp.

13. Pd1 macrumors newbie

You're right. I tried it again and it worked fine. The first time Win 7 saw it as a blank DVD disk...this time it saw Boot Camp just fine. All the drivers installed so I'm all set on Win 7 x64. Thanks!