Has apple watched helped iphone battery life?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by metsjetsfan, Oct 6, 2015.

1. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

Has anyone actually experienced more efficient battery life after getting an apple watch.

This is strictly based on usage. Does Checking the watch vs checking the phone and always having the full screen light up usually help your iphone battery throughout the day? Or are any saves there negated by the BT the phone uses

Thanks

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I think my iPhone battery is a lot worse after the watch. Had the watch about 2 months, and i find myself having to charge my iPhone in the evening quite often now

3. limatime42 macrumors member

limatime42

I keep my bluetooth on all the time so I have only seen improvement in my iPhone's battery. I use my iPhone MUCH less now, only when I need to send a long text, email, phone call, or if I'm bored and browsing Reddit.

4. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Haven't seen much drain on the iPhone because of the watch. I know I use my phone a lot less so that is one reason my phone battery is better.

When I golf and have the phone in my bag and I use the Apple Watch with the workout app and connected to the phone the entire time, the phone is still at 100% after two hours. So Bluetooth isn't draining the battery at all. When I used golfshot the iPhone drained 8% in 2 hours.

5. alFR macrumors 68020

See, this is the problem: for pretty much everything about the watch, you can find opposite opinions somewhere online (either here or in a journalist's review). Battery life of the watch sucks or is great. Battery life of the phone is longer, unaffected or much worse. Watch doesn't do anything or is the best thing ever. Fitness tracking is useless or great. HR monitor is completely inaccurate or as accurate as a chest strap monitor. etc. etc. Makes it impossible to get any meaningful idea of how the thing actually works...