Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Becact

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
It seems worse to me.... I'm getting misspelled words more often, and incorrect corrections. Anyone else noticed? Did it lose the "learning" moving from 6 to 7 and has to relearn, perhaps?

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
It seems worse to me.... I'm getting misspelled words more often, and incorrect corrections. Anyone else noticed? Did it lose the "learning" moving from 6 to 7 and has to relearn, perhaps?

I have noticed this as well. Words that were corrected regularly in iOS 6 are popping up different, incorrect suggestions in iOS 7. I think you are correct in that it probably has to relearn your habits.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
I've been through the whole Beta programme with iOS 7 and autocorrect only seems to go crazy for me when I'm experiencing bouts of keyboard lag.

Others on the forum are insistent that, "Reset All Settings" cures the problem and although they are trying to help, it doesn't and is merely a colossal waste of time.

The issue has improved quite a lot since the early Betas, showing that Apple is addressing it, but it's not fixed yet.

morphineseason

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2007
In theory, I would think it only needs to "relearn" if you've restored as a new phone, not if you just updated from iOS 6.

I haven't noticed any major autocorrect issues, but I haven't really payed that close of attention either, I guess.

dylzen

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2013
It's a lot better for Italian compared to iOS 6. I can tell you autocorrect was annoying because of misplaced accents, I had to turn it off on iOS 6. Any Italian can confirm this I guess. I'm sorry to hear that for English language though...

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I noticed it suggesting more random words in the last month that I've been using/testing beta 6 and now. Hopefully it learns faster... since many of us get new phones every year or two, maybe they can keep some of these personalized settings in the cloud, regardless of whether we use iCloud to physically backup our phones or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.