Has battery issue been resolved in Mountain Lion?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by boba7523, Sep 29, 2012.

1. boba7523, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012

boba7523 macrumors regular

I was searching around the thread and found that MBA users were experiencing battery issues with ML. Has that issue been resolved? I'm contemplating on whether to stay with Lion or upgrade to ML...

I should have titled my thread different.

What i wanted to know is: How many ML users with 2011 MBA 13" are experiencing battery issues after ML upgrade, and has it been resolved?

2. CatsTide macrumors 6502

It's always better to upgrade. If there's a problem they will likely get it fixed quickly. I'm having no battery issues.

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

I OTOH going to play devil's advocate. I don't think newer is always better. No software is bug-free, so if Lion been working for me fine, then I ask myself what's the reason for me to upgrade? If there is no reason then why other than keeping up with the Joneses.

Disclosure: I updated to ML 'coz I need Mirroring, but I have hold off updating my ATV box.

Tech support like u to have the latest because that's what they are trained to support you. They make the assumption that whatever gripes ur were having with the last OS, they can say a-ha, have you upgraded yet? without knowing for sure if your old problem was looked at and changed. That's what happens behind the scenes. I used to do tech support.

So, if ur the kind of user who needs lots of hand-holding and have Tech support on your speed dial, u have no choice but to upgrade, because that's the first thing they are going to ask you to do. No second, after they ask you to reset everything.

But if you are a DIY'er on your way to be a power user then paragraph#1.

4. boba7523 thread starter macrumors regular

I should have titled my thread different.

What i wanted to know is: How many ML users with 2011 MBA 13" are experiencing battery issues after ML upgrade, and has it been resolved?

5. whitebook macrumors regular

I have a 2011 11" macbook air and since my upgrade to Mountain Lion i am getting 3 hours tops battery life, very disappointing.

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Perhaps u want to yet re-titled it again, ML what version may make a difference. 10.8.0 - 10.8.1 - 10.8.2?

AND have u folks with perceived batt prob, HAVE YOU DONE A BATT CALIBRATION AFTER the update? Just saying.

When u say ur getting less battery time, is that what the battery meter says or are you using your own stop watch?

Details, details.

7. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

8. boba7523 thread starter macrumors regular

I thought the newer batteries are pre-calibrated from factory and don't need any further calibration?

Btw, i updated to 10.8.2 on my mid-201 13" MBA. Just got this laptop so don't know what my average battery life is, but right now, at 86% with brightness at 50%, i'm getting 4 hrs. Only light browsing + downloading torrent.

9. Wokis macrumors regular

The constant networking traffic (over wi-fi I presume) that an active bittorrent client may and should cause makes 4 hours sound plausible :|

10. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

On my 2011 MBA i5, battery is still bad. I have 10.8.2. I did the battery calibration, and reset the SMC. After only an hour of use (Firefox, Mail, Word) battery went from 100% to 71%. It was never like that when it had Lion. I'm seriously considering downgrading back to Lion.

11. erpetao macrumors regular

12. wassup121 macrumors regular

lost 5% overnight while it was sleeping, never had that happen before.
    Also dropped 40% in 2 hours of internet browsing. still very annoyed

2011 MBA 13"