Has battery life been improved in Beta 2

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Apple TarHeel, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Apple TarHeel macrumors member

I'm currently at 26% after a full charge and at 4.5 hours usage and 14 hours standby ...

2. dotducky macrumors newbie

yes! I have the same usage as you, but have almost 2 days of standby... It drains super fast when using, and about 1-3% an hour drain otherwise.

VS beta 1

I had 3% consistent drain per hour on standby and 1% every minute on using... A full charge lasted me 6am to 6pm-ish with only 3 hours of usage.

edit:
    then again, I have most of the iCloud stuff turned off as opposed to on for beta 1... the battery life may not have improved at all...

But it's a BETA! Now if this is the case with 6.0 GM, we have some complaining to do

3. Beta Particle macrumors 6502a

The stats on my iPad 3 are broken—standby time also counts up when I'm using the device, rather than just on standby.

What I have found though, is that battery life is considerably improved. On iOS 5, I was getting maybe 6–8 hours, and now it's more like 8–12 hours depending on usage and brightness. (sometimes more, even)

I do think that a lot of it probably has to be that they've finally squashed whatever battery-draining bugs remained in iOS 5 though. Even on the latest release, I would still have idle CPU gradually increase up to about 20% over time if I didn't restart the device.

4. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

On my 4s the battery is silly ....

I had 100% when I went to bed and it was 32% the next morning with no calls etc.

So while some people may be experiencing great times, I think there is still some work needed for the 4s