General Has biteSMS lost it's appeal?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Asator, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Asator macrumors 6502a

Asator

Not too long ago I was an avid biteSMS user and when I upgraded to iOS7 and was reinstalling all of my tweaks, I realised that I no longer wanted the app on my phone. I now use the Messages app by Ma Jun.

What are your thoughts on biteSMS?

2. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

Same, once the trial ended I tried couria and now I'm using auki and I love it. It's simple and does what I need.

3. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Same boat here. Messages is the best quick reply app there is. Nothing touches it. Auki is missing some items that make it super convenient.

Messages looks just like iOS since it uses iOS UI.

Nothing comes close.

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Yea I completely agree. Messages is by FAR the best quick reply/quick compose messaging app. However I still use bitesms instead because I rely on the scheduled delivery feature and absolutely love the delayed sending. I can't count how many times I accidentally tapped send before I was truly ready to send the message. I love these 2 features and until these become stock or Messages includes them, I can't switch.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Still relevant to me. iOS 6.1, BiteSMS 7.6.8. I have chat heads, quick reply, quick compose and I have a black theme inside the app itself. Scheduled text messaging, iMessage integrated, ability to push a button to forward a text or call someone who's texted me.

Yeah, still relevant to me, especially since I have a pin code on my lock screen and having to put that in each and every time I want to respond to a text (because the default behavior is to open the Messages app) is irritating.

6. KingShoot007 macrumors member

BiteSMS still relevant here. Using it on iPhone 4 iOS 6.1.0, iPod Touch 4 5.1.1, and iPhone 5S 7.1.2. I just can't let it go. I have been a fan of it for 3 years and I still think it's the best

7. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Yea, I miss that chat head functionality of biteSMS

I used lockinfo and can place that on the lock screen

Granted it wasn't too hard to activate quick compose using activator, it made it quicker

And to the OP, I'm still loving biteSMS

8. xero9 macrumors 6502a

Am I reading this correctly? BiteSMS is 12 cents to sent an SMS? That seems a bit steep, doesn't it?

Don't mean to turn this into a battle, wouldn't it make more sense to just use WhatsApp, BBM, iMessage, or anything else other than paying a 3rd party for sending SMS?

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, if you want to I guess. But I've always had Bite set to use my carrier plan for messaging. I have unlimited texting so I don't need to pay Bite anything.

Attached Files:

10. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

I use it. No reason for me to change to anything else.

11. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Yes me too. I paid for bite like 4 years ago or so, and haven't spent a dime since. Just use carrier for SMS and cellular data/wifi for iMessage.

12. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

I've bought a few licenses. ;) I'm good with that.

13. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Just loaded up messages don't think I've tried this since ios5 lol. I really like it so far thanks for the reminder! Are you guys using the big boss repo or ma jun beta repo?

14. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Big boss here. Bc I'm a Big Baaws. Lol

15. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Lol bad ass! Just tried the repo and it says updated for 7.1, I see no visual difference but here's the repo if you want http://apt.clezz.com/ .

Do you by chance know what the Limit to Load - 1 / means?

16. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

How many messages that will show in quick reply.

17. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Ok thanks. Whatcha have yours set at?:confused:

18. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

The fewer that load the quicker the pop up will appear. Older devices with a lot of tweaks that rely on cydia substrate will benefit on a lower setting.

19. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Doesn't seem to far fetched from carriers generally charging 10 to 25 cents per SMS if you don't have a plan

But I use biteSMS to send SMS over my carrier

I don't think people use biteSMS for their SMS service, more so for their quick compose/reply and other features about it

20. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

Messages from Ma Jun and Messages+ from Intelliborn are the best quick reply/compose tweaks. The reasons have already been discussed here.

BiteSMS is another concept, IMO. There's a lot of extra features and the propose of the app, itself, is to be independent of stock Messages app, proposing the users a revamped experience while sending and receiving sms.

Wish we could have Messages from Ma Jun or Messages+ from Intelliborn for Whatsapp, though. :(

21. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Personally BiteSMS works great for me so no need to switch.
    But I tried auki on my moms phone cause she was confused by BiteSMS but it didn't even seem to do anything so I got a refund. :( I dunno maybe it needs a manual.
    So I'm really hesitant to try Messages from Ma Jun.

22. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

BiteSMS is pretty much the only reason i JB, this and Infinidock

23. Dmaynard83 macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

Only thing with messages for me is that nin keyboard doesn't work when doing a quick reply