Has Cookie Monster given up cookies!?

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
LOL... P! P for Protein! PRRROOOOOTTTTTEEEEIIIINNNNN!!

I suspect Big Bird and Snuffy should watch their backs. Good sources of protien there :)

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
SFVCyclone said:
it's all about oscar the grouch, i won first place for scariest costume back in kindergarten using a costume of him, WOO WOO :D
Too bad the old Oscar extension isn't available for OS X... I remember when I had a Mac at Microsoft. Put files in trash, empty trash, Oscar would pop up and sing, "I love trash! I love it because it's trash!" Very cute.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
NO!! Cookie Monster just going through an identity crisis. He will be back to eating cookies in no time. Damn reporters!

BubbaJones

macrumors regular
May 13, 2004
East Coast
Now come on...

We all have had to battle some sort of weight problem, I don't think that attacking Cookie Monster is being fair. Just because a monster admits that he has a problem, and tries to do something about it doesn’t mean that we should all bash him. I give Cookie a lot of credit for stepping up and facing this issue head on. Unlike some celebrities (Billy Joel, Mathew Perry, etc...), Cookie is standing up to his role model image and showing our youth that it is O.K. to have a problem, and that it is O.K. to try to fix it.

Personally I applaud you, Cookie Monster, for your effort and good intentions.

It's a long road, but I believe in you.

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
Lacero said:
NO!! Cookie Monster just going through an identity crisis. He will be back to eating cookies in no time. Damn reporters!
How about the "Atkin's Monster"

Lacero, cool "angry face!" Where did you get it? :D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Maybe he'll change his name to Cook E. Monster and start a healthful-cooking show within a show.

"Uh, today we bake vegetable casserole, um, yeah, me like!"

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
Carne asada is fried meat. Don't tell me you haven't had that.

But ahhhh... He is Cookie Monster, what are they trying to do to society? Make it better? Common now ;)

SFVCyclone

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2005
Pasadena, Ca
ok, thread hijack time, lol, carne asada is steak with seasoning then "GRILLED" and it can be eaten alone, or with a tortilla to make a taco or a burrito.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
:rolleyes: stupid overzealous, "PC", bureaucratic twits! Not to be totally rude but if american backsides get fat, that is not a fault of the cookie (its image, word or contents) but rather its handler; or the parents who shovel these foods into their kids mouths while they watch TV like drones. Lets place the blame where it's due. "Whoa, better not have a cookie eating toy anymore, that is just too dangerous!" [gag] Why don't we call forks and spoons "enablers" while we are at it? ;)

apologies for the mini rant, I just find this so asinine. I think I'll go comfort myself with Burger King's new huge 700 calorie breakfast sandwich now. :D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
This reminds me of a previous change made by Sesame Street, when they ended the running gag that nobody besides Big Bird ever saw Mr. Snuffleupagus, so everyone thought Snuffy was Big Bird's imaginary friend. They decided that it was giving the wrong message, that grownups (particularly the humans on the show) wouldn't believe a child (Big Bird) who was telling the truth.