Has demand in the U.S. been met?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrisk1250, Aug 9, 2010.

1. chrisk1250 macrumors member

I'm wanting to get an iPhone 4 tomorrow. Are people having luck with walk-ins? I tried to check the online store for ship times but it is currently being updated apparently.

2. nexedzero macrumors regular

nexedzero

It depends where you live that you can easily find a iphone 4 in NYC there easy to find but depends where you live at if you will have success finding it or not

3. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Last I checked online store was still 3 weeks or so, and finding them in the wild has been spotty at best.

I am trying to find another one now, and not having much luck.

Some people have suggested reserving one at an Apple Store and you could see one within a week, but I don't think US initial demand has been met yet.

The problem is too a percentage of people were holding out for the white phone, and with it's delay a number of those people have decided not to wait and now are going for black phones.

4. FunkyGuitarGirl macrumors member

It seems that people order through AT&T are having much shorter wait times but that depends on the model you choose.

5. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Depends on where you live. Some people have had luck walking in to their local store and getting the iP4, while others have had to order one, and wait for it to come in. Best to call your local stores and find out.

6. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I only waited 6 days when I ordered my 32GB iP4, while others who ordered the 16GB model on the same day, had to wait longer.

7. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

Check your local Walmarts, folks. After reading that suggestion here in MR, I went in on a whim and found mine. They also had a Droid X when everyone else had sold out of them. Luck o' the draw, o' course, but not to be overlooked as an alternative to Apple and AT&T stores.

8. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    This is what I ended up doing. After checking with Apple Stores, Best Buy, etc. the wait time for AT&T was less than 2 weeks and it is being delivered to the store with my name on it :D I'd go this way IMHO.

9. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Take a breath, man.

10. playaproved macrumors 6502

I ordered from AT&T and got my phone in 6 days.

11. billycuth macrumors 6502a

Seeing as how I still cannot walk into a store and purchase one (or two like I would like to) I would still say no.

The fact that a backorder exists should tell you no.

12. DougB macrumors newbie

I bought one last Friday at the Apple store in Austin, TX. Called ahead to verify if they received any and then headed down there. I got there an hour after they opened and I was #15 in line. By the time I got the head of the line (1.5 hrs later) there were about 25 more people in line behind me. Apple was taking inventory on what model each person wanted to buy so once they sold out they would not have people standing in line unnecessarily.

Either keep calling around to Apple stores (if you have any local to you), WalMarts, Radio Shacks, and Best Buys every day to see if they get any in stock (but it's hit-or-miss and first come, first served) or order one online and wait for it to be delivered to your door.

13. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

My local apple store has stated they are no longer doing the wait list. It is only walk ins on a first come first serve basis.

14. matt3 macrumors newbie

I got mine as a walk-in at Walmart almost a month ago. They had more than 1 too. Walmarts are the ip4's best kept secret.