iPhone Has Facebook made it impossible for the tweak enabling built-in messaging to work?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TH55, Oct 5, 2014.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I have not updated the Facebook app because I had read on here a little while back that Facebook had patched the app in updates so that the tweak allowing you to use the old style messaging system that was built into the Facebook app no longer works. Is this true or is it likely or even possible that they will still be able to write a tweak like this in the future?

The problem is the version of Facebook that I have is running slowly on my iPhone 6 and I've been told it's because I don't have a version that has been updated for iOS 8.

2. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

3. evoga macrumors member

evoga

It's still integrated with Facebook Paper which I think is a much slicker program.

4. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

I thought they have patched it

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Update fb from the phone and see.
    If it doesn't work then just delete and reload the old copy that you have in iTunes or copy that old copy somewhere on your m computer to load it afterwards.

6. JackieInCo macrumors 603

I enabled it after reading this thread on both a 5S and an iPad Mini. Both have the latest FB version and 7.1.2.

7. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Why did people say they patched it?

8. JackieInCo macrumors 603

I have no idea but I have it working and tested it.

9. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Awesome, thanks. Just to be clear we're talking about FacebookNoNeedMessenger right?

10. JackieInCo macrumors 603

Correct.

11. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Ok great. I just updated to the latest version of fbook. Still have my backup in case I don't like it. Anything you've noticed to be a downgrade from previous versions? The reviews in the App Store have gotten progressively worse with every update.

12. JackieInCo macrumors 603

I still don't like the way they pick certain status updates to be on top. I don't really see much different than the last few updates.

13. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah that seems to be the no 1 complaint. My biggest annoyance is how it doesn't hold your place in the newsfeed like twitter does.