Has iDisk sync gotten faster for you?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by RonCarr, Sep 18, 2009.

1. RonCarr macrumors regular

RonCarr

It seems like over the past week that my iDisk sync has gotten much much faster. I use my iDisk as my primary save location for all of my documents so it syncs a lot. In the past it would take a while to sync even a small document but now it is only a few seconds. Has anyone else noticed this with your iDisk?

2. Marky macrumors regular

Yes, can't say I can quantify it but it does seem to be taking less time to complete a sync. It's probably marginal but all improvement is welcome.

3. JuanGuapo macrumors 6502a

JuanGuapo

I've noticed a big difference w/ iDisk sync + Snow Leopard.....it's a definite improvement from a month ago.

4. Chimpy macrumors 6502

A slight difference, but not enough to make me re-up when my sub expires in two weeks. Sorry, Apple :(.

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I found dropbox is pretty good. keep it under 2 gigs and it is free. it will sync folders even with a windows machine but it always backs up changed files. plus it is very fast as these things go.

6. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

+1 for Dropbox. I have both and use my dropbox for 99.9% of things. I only use iDisk when I need to move something larger than 2 gigs, which is rare.

7. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Same here! I increased my broadband bandwidth and upgraded to SL a few weeks ago, and together they seem to have had a good effect. I've been uploading 500 mb movie files in just a few minutes...that kind of stuff took days before.

8. RonCarr thread starter macrumors regular

RonCarr

I have used DropBox in the past, however, I really like to keep everything together and clean. This is why I try to use MobileMe for as much as I can.

9. katyoshi macrumors 6502

idisk did get faster now. When i cancelled my clearwire internet, and transferred to Road runner cable internet, IT WAS FAST.

10. nickcliborne macrumors regular

I made a soft link of my idisk documents folder to my dropbox. It works great to add a second backup

11. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

that was my only co plaint about dropbox. but the ms version that let you choose folders became a issue when syncing my documents. it would get everything all the subfolders.

12. RonCarr thread starter macrumors regular

RonCarr

That is actually a really great idea!

13. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy