Has iOS5 ruined anyone elses phone?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by TravisG06, Nov 1, 2011.

1. TravisG06, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011

TravisG06 macrumors newbie

Ever since I've updated, my phone has crashed twice when it had never crashed in its existence. My music has not synced and I've lost most of my songs. The internet has slowed to horrible speeds. I'm not happy at all.

I really don't want to master reset, but looks like I'm going to have to and redo the whole process...

Unless you bad mother mac-ers know any work arounds or quick fixes.

::Stop voting down my thread because I'm having real technical issues, fanboys! Newsflash, even Apple isn't perfect::

2. SurferMan macrumors 65816

I wouldn't say ruined, but b/c of iOS 5 our 3GS and 4 can only get WiFi standing right next to the router. I've had people over that didn't update to iOS 5 and their phones work perfect on our network. :mad: . I've restored, network settings etc, nothing has helped. And now our 3G signal is only showing like 2 bars instead of full.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1265917&highlight=

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Crashed when? If only when using App Store apps, delete & reinstall the apps. Some apps will still be unstable, not all are working well under iOS5 yet.

Is internet slow only on WiFi or also on 3G? There seem to be some issues with iOS5 on some routers (e.g. see prior reply in this thread). Works great with my AirPort Extreme but I guess that's to be expected :cool:

If you're getting crashes in iOS5 stock apps (e.g. email, phone, etc.) and/or your Internet slowdown is universal and not related to connection issues, reset is probably in order.

This one might be able to fix without a reset, if you can work out the others. In iTunes on the Music tab, uncheck "Sync Music" - apply - wait for sync to finish - then check it again and resync.

4. TravisG06 thread starter macrumors newbie

By crash I mean the phone completely shuts off, it isn't an app crash.

At first I thought, ok I guess I wasn't paying attention and my battery died, hooked it up for 10 minutes and it didn't come back on so I held both the power button and the face button until it reset, I've had to do that twice now.

5. sim667 macrumors 65816

6. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

This explains it. But restore as new

7. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

8. Mr.C macrumors 601

Which iPhone model do you have ?

9. TravisG06 thread starter macrumors newbie

10. A420Turbo macrumors member

11. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

Ever since I've updated to ios 5 my phone thinks its always on a dock. It won't play sounds out of the speakers anymore. It's really annoying.
    I've done a restore, it's driving me crazy.

12. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Perhaps it is a hardware error. Any chance of getting to an Apple store to have them look over the phone? For what it is worth, my 3GS and iOS5 work perfectly together - not a single hitch yet.