Has iPhone been allowed to sell in China?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yayahoo, Jul 27, 2008.

1. yayahoo macrumors newbie

yayahoo

I have a Chinese friend, he asked me to buy an iPhone for him, so I am a little puzzled, cannot iPhone selled in China? Anybody knows that?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Apple doesn't. Apple isn't right now. It's not like the iSight where the continent in question banned one substance in it and Apple took it off the market worldwide, but you should be able to sell him one.

3. wronski macrumors 6502

Here's an answer with no irrelevant remarks in it:

Apple doesn't sell the iPhone in China right now because they don't have a carrier contract with anyone. There are rumors about it coming there soon though. You can still use a 3G or original iPhone in China if it is unlocked. One thing I'm not sure of is whether all the frequencies will work there.

4. fedup flyer macrumors regular

Well, techinally they do sell the iphone in China as in Hong Kong PRC. Just not mainland China.

5. thedarkhorse macrumors 6502a

I thought china was getting the iphone, I thought apple was supplying them with a bunch of edge only "3g" iphones for china mobile or whatever their main cell company is.

6. yayahoo thread starter macrumors newbie

yayahoo

Thank you all, my friend told me it is hardly to buy iphone at present, but maybe iphone can get into China next year. So I bought an iphone for him.:)