Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
I was gonna post this, but then I got lazy.

I actually have the mag here at my house. It's a very good and interesting article.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
I don't think that he has peaked. Jobs will probably go out on top- either when he steps down, or google buys him out or whatever. If you look at what he's done in the past 6 years, he has completely transformed a company.
I think that mistakes will be made, and that Apple has the potential to spread itself too thin, but i don't think that it has reached that point yet.

lord patton

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Chicago
I could see Steve stepping down. The way he talked about the iPhone at WWDC seemed so... reverent. (I'm struggling for words, here). He seemed satisfied, not like someone who's finished running a marathon, but someone who was about to see his son graduate from college.

Maybe iPhone is his swan-song. He may keep his feet in the water, be on a few boards, consult privately for $100k an hour, whatever. But I could absolutely see him walk off center stage, not having peaked, but at his peak.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
I think the iPhone will either be Jobs' big stepping out point, or it will be his iPod...one more huge thing to push forward into the future, to dedicate keynotes to how the iPhone is dominating markets and Apple's revenue is piling in. :D

tutubibi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
localhost
Such a well written article ...

I agree, iPhone has the power to alter Jobs legacy.
Regarding Jobs and his future, I would hope he started thinking about slowly relinquishing some of his god-like leadership of Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.