Has jobs peaked? (article)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by irishgrizzly, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

I was gonna post this, but then I got lazy.

I actually have the mag here at my house. It's a very good and interesting article.

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Jobs has not peaked, his is still fully capable of leading Apple. :) :cool: :apple:

3. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

Has Jobs peaked? No. Is Jobs bulletproof/infallible? Certainly not.

And as for a response to that particular article, I think Seth Godin might have said it best.

4. Fredo521 macrumors member

5. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

I don't think that he has peaked. Jobs will probably go out on top- either when he steps down, or google buys him out or whatever. If you look at what he's done in the past 6 years, he has completely transformed a company.
    I think that mistakes will be made, and that Apple has the potential to spread itself too thin, but i don't think that it has reached that point yet.

6. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

I could see Steve stepping down. The way he talked about the iPhone at WWDC seemed so... reverent. (I'm struggling for words, here). He seemed satisfied, not like someone who's finished running a marathon, but someone who was about to see his son graduate from college.

Maybe iPhone is his swan-song. He may keep his feet in the water, be on a few boards, consult privately for $100k an hour, whatever. But I could absolutely see him walk off center stage, not having peaked, but at his peak.

7. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I think the iPhone will either be Jobs' big stepping out point, or it will be his iPod...one more huge thing to push forward into the future, to dedicate keynotes to how the iPhone is dominating markets and Apple's revenue is piling in. :D

8. tutubibi macrumors 6502a

tutubibi

Such a well written article ...

I agree, iPhone has the power to alter Jobs legacy.
    Regarding Jobs and his future, I would hope he started thinking about slowly relinquishing some of his god-like leadership of Apple.

9. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

the thought of google buying out apple is... ... :eek:

10. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

That's one loooooooooong article, luckily I just skimmed through the first page. But anyways, who will take over :apple: if/when Jobs throws in the towel/kicks the bucket?