Has Mac Office 2008 fixed "QuickTime and a video decompressor are needed"?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Karvel, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Karvel macrumors regular

I know there are various reasons as to why it occurs but has Mac Office 2008 (I'm running the previous version) lessened the occurrence of the "QuickTime and a Video decompressor are needed to see this picture" messages that appear instead of pictures in a PowerPoint slideshow?

2. Karvel thread starter macrumors regular

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Office 2008 relies on the QuickTime frameworks to handle most graphics. That message is totally dependent on the format of the graphics embedded in the presentation.

4. Karvel thread starter macrumors regular

I thought I read it was something to do with how Mac Office uses QuickTime and PICT file formats? (Though my problematic images are nearly always universally JPGs) So Mac Office 2008 has taken no steps to itself minimise occurrences of the message?

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It is unclear exactly what you are asking. It makes no sense for Microsoft to build Office 2008 independent of the resources of MacOS X. I am much more concerned that Office:win requires QuickTime:win for support of graphics formats like TIFF. In Microsoft parlance, TIFF is an Apple format. OTOH, PICT is an Apple format.

However, I have never ever seen any version of any Offfice application on any platform have any trouble with JPEG files. It might be helpful if you could explain exactly what your problem is. So far, all you have done is to ask a non-specific question about a general observation.