Mine has, after my dog decided to learn aerobatics in the living room and finished off a triple flip at mind-blowing speed by skidding across the carpet and snagging the power cord. The adapter flipped out and whipped across the living room with no harm done. Excellent piece of design thought. When I asked my dog why he felt the need to practice aerobatics in the living room he just said that it was a dog thing, like eating the sofa or chewing the cover of my rare Pink Floyd album. Still, no harm done to my macbook and life goes on as normal. As above, a damn good idea.