Has Office 2008 for Mac been improved at all w/ updates yet???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by guitarman777, Apr 24, 2008.

1. guitarman777 macrumors regular

guitarman777

I know the initial release was dismal at best.

Have there been any updates as of late that have improved Exchange support and overall performance to give someone running 2004 any reason to switch to 2008? 2004 is kinda slow and buggy at times, but at least it's consistent and doesn't crash... much.

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I've been using Office '08 sinc before the update, I have noticed some stability and performance improvement after the update, but I won't really be happy until 2 things are implemented.

1. VBA editing support
    2. Implementing the same one-letter shortcuts on contextual (right click) menus.

The palate format I can handle, but those missing shortcuts and VBA support are killing my excel productivity! :(

3. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

It's still a worthless piece of crap. I find it better to run Office 2007 through VMware.

4. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

To tell the honest truth, more often then not I use Excel 2003 on my Windows partition. I tell myself it's because I need to work on macros, but I also like the speed at which I can do more complex tasks. I only use Mac Office 2008 for the simple stuff now.

5. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

To be honest with you, I didn't really notice any difference after the updates. It is still very slow, takes forever to launch, and has the same issues the initial release had for me (like the big delay in word, before you can start typing).

Hard to believe it could be this messed up...

6. Quillz macrumors 65816

Quillz

I've actually not experienced any major issues with Office 2008, other than it doesn't work very well with Spaces. I don't know if the 12.0.1 update fixed that, though.