Has Photo Stream been discontinued?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by vjaaan, Sep 18, 2016.

1. vjaaan macrumors 6502

The photos I have taken on my iPhone for the two weeks are not showing up in Photos on my MacBook Pro. I checked Photo Stream. I keep my photos on an external drive which is not always connected connected to my laptop. An hour ago, I plugged the external into the MacBook Pro and loaded Photos. It brought up my main library. Nothing in Photo Stream since Sept 10. I have given it an hour now, and still nothing is coming into Photos. It shows Photo Stream with the dates from April till Sept 10.

I am starting to worry that I may be losing many photos that don't come across. This laptop was new in April, so I assume that accounts for that start date. That full library on the external was being used by the old MacBook before that, until I set up the new laptop. I don't see where that should make any difference.

Is there some big delay in Photo Stream working when the computer running Photos is not running the program with the Library attached?

2. JarScott macrumors 601

JarScott

It's still there and you can still enable it, but it's mostly been replaced by iCloud Photo Library and iCloud photo sharing.