Has Steve Jobs started to hate his own customers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zub3qin, Jun 26, 2010.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Most celebrities end up hating the people that put them where they are.

Anyone think that Steve Jobs is starting to hate his own customers based upon his snarky emails back to them?

2. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

People aren't customers, they're sheep. Apple has never done anything that people want it to do, it - and Steve Jobs - do what they want to do, then guilt-trip the world into feeling bad and unworthy so people will want to be part of the "club" and... well, that's when marketing takes over and you get what you see in print, TV, and videos preaching up their products. ;)

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Starting to? His email responses have always been curt and snarky.

4. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

You guys are getting pissy imo.

Apple engineers made a kickass phone. Just today we found out it also has a much improved GPS chip, much improved upload speeds, and a better camera and video camera than any other smartphone out there.

So it has a little bug. Lots of stuff has bugs on release, but anytime it's apple something, they get sooo much bad press for it. The Evo 4G has lots of bugs too, and I guarentee you HTC will take a hell of a lot longer to fix it than Apple is. Wait a week or two, there will be a fix soon.

Till then, use a case, or stick some tape on it, or hold it a little higher.

Love,

Steve.

--------------
    Seriously though...

If you know me, you know that I'm a hell of a lot more critical of apple than most people here. But even I think people need to ease up on the apple hate about this issue. People seem to either have ridiculously high expectations of Apple, or this incredibly deep burning hatred towards them and everything they do. The extremes in how people view this one company is insane.

No they're not evil, and no they're not gods either.

So they overlooked something, forgot to coat the phone, or didn't test this particular aspect enough. I'm sure they will offer a fix (replace the coating, issue free bumpers or something of that sort eventually).

The customer service is still rock solid. If you have an issue with this, return the iPhone, get a case of some sort, or get it replaced till you find a phone without the issue.

At the end of the day, other than this one issue, they still made a FANTASTIC device.

To my knowledge, in terms of brightness and PPI, it has hands down the best screen of any mass production consumer electronics device in history. Yes, it desperately needs a 4.3 inch display, but other than this, it's perfect.

It has the best or just about the best camera and video camera of any smartphone on the market by most everyone's tests.

It has the fastest speed and performance of any smartphone on the market.

It has the most appealing and attractive design of any smartphone on the market.

By all indications, it has the best battery life of any smartphone on the market.

It also happens to be thinnest smart phone on the market.

And they did it all on a ridiculously short design timespan, while simultanously juggling a number of different products, and managed to pull of a worldwide release with millions of copies ready at launch.

This wasn't an instance of Apple neglecting to include basic features that they should have had, and that their customers were clamoring for (video camera and 512mbs of ram on the iPad), (blu ray and a decent GPU on the Macbook Pros). This was an instance of Apple designing and building a truly kickass revolutionary device and making a small oversight in manufacturing that I have no doubt will be corrected shortly.

One relatively minor issue that I am sure will be fixed shortly, and can be addressed with a case, a bumper, a piece of tape, or a repositioning of your hand should not be enough to crucify the iPhone 4 at the stake.

Honestly, the turn around time for Apple products and repairs amazes me.

Compare it to the Xbox 360.

Microsoft still hasn't fixed the Red Ring of Death issue completely, and they've had FOUR YEARS. And that's an issue that literally destroys their hardware and makes their customers go out and buy another copy.

And even they don't get the kind of flack that Apple is getting over a minor issue (atleast it can be avoided with a case and it doesn't destroy the phone), that will almost certainly be fixed within a month's time.

5. Dark K macrumors member

My thoughts exactly.

In the end, when your product gets f'ed up, deal with it, do you think the company will care about you in personal?

My Macbook has been taken to Best Buy already 5 times in less than a year, after having convinced my dad that Apple is the best shiz in the planet, now, Im paying for it, except for my iPhone 4, which has been great.

6. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

Nope.

Sent from my iPhone.

7. admanimal macrumors 68040

I would start hating my customers too if they were emailing me about every little mundane issue they could think of rather than contacting someone more appropriate at Apple. It used to be that people only used his email address for really extreme circumstances, but now everyone wants to feel special and get a response from Steve even if there are much more appropriate support channels they should be using.

8. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

It's clear this is how Steve Jobs talks with everyone. He's just a no crap, straight to the point person.

9. paulisme macrumors 6502

I don't know, but I'm sure starting to hate his customers.

10. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

But you forgot the most important point:

It's a hand-held cellular phone that isn't working as a cellular phone when it's in our hand for a great many of us, so everything else you said is effectively rendered moot.

I could own the most technologically advanced car ever created (whichever one that happens to be) and if it doesn't drive - it's primary function - then hell yes I'm going to complain.

I can kill my iPhone 4's primary usage with my fingertip. I'm complaining.

11. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

The iPhone works fine 90% of the time. Just hold it higher or put it in a case if you're in the minority.

Again, it's a bug. There will be a fix soon.

The product literally just came out two days ago. Give it atleast till the weekend is over for them to fix it.

12. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

That's ok, I'm starting to dislike Steve jobs, so I guess it can be mutual.

13. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Microsoft's market research showed that their acknowledgement of the problem with the console and the warranty that they put in place (i.e. extending it to three years for that issue) as a result of that boosted consumer confidence.

A problem with a product isn't necessarily a bad thing if you deal with it properly.

14. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

Two points.

ONE: The iPhone works 90% of the time, unless you hold the bottom left, when it doesn't work 100% of the time.

TWO: Most people hold their phone in their left hand. It makes sense. You're right handed, so you hold your phone in your left hand so you can manipulate the screen with your right hand. So actually, people who DO NOT hold their phone in their left hand are the minority.

15. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Not really.

But it's a cycle, and I think him of all people know this. If they make a big enough mistake, they might not be able to rebound. They had a huge lead in 2007, but they can't let little things pass by in todays age.

16. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

END OF TEH WHIRLED!!!

I sure hope nothing serious ever happens.

17. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I do. I don't like his attitude. I wish I could adjust it for him. I also see why he got fired back in the day.

I want him to remember that

Adobe
    Macromedia (Flash)
    Digidesign

Made Apple!

18. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Nope.

Sent from my PC that works, instead of the iPhone 4 laying beside it since holding the iPhone 4 to send a text or post on this forum doesn't work because I keep losing service even though I'm basically line-of-sight with a cell tower.

19. mantan macrumors 68000

The OP is on a point a lot of people don't like, but is probably true in this case.

Steve Jobs loves the fact that Apple customers make him phenomenally wealthy. But between their insane fanaticism of one end of the spectrum and the unyeilding criticism of another - he'd love to tell everyone to just go to he77.

But something about making billions of dollars makes it all a little more tolerable.

20. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

Steve Jobs likes to steal candy from little kids...so to speak.

21. Riemann Zeta macrumors 6502a

Yeah, he's not really 'starting to'--Steve has always been an arrogant, egotistical ass. That's just his personality.

Yep. Being the type of person who doesn't just think, but knows he's right, Jobs can (and has) really piss off employees and VPs. His 'asshol-i-ness' must make him a boss from hell.

22. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Steve Jobs loves Steve Jobs, and everything else is way on down the line... :D

23. Nebrie macrumors 6502a

Steve Jobs mentioned before the iPad launch that he gets death threats against his family every time Apple launches a product. So yeah, I think that might do it.

24. Dr. Foosball macrumors newbie

[/THREAD]

25. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

Watch the D8 interview of Steve, he doesn't hate his customers. He loves building products that people go nuts for, you don't do tis time and time again unless you love the product you put out and the people that buy it. Companies that hate customers go out of business, they dont become multi-billion dollar corporations that make impact after impact in technology.

And let's not forget that the guy that runs this company doesn't sit around on a couch all day answering emails with paragraphs of text - short, to the point. Be grateful he even replies to anyone. If he hated his customers he wouldn't reply at all.

Send an email to Ballmer, let's see if he replies. Or how about the CEO of adobe-does anyone know who that is?

This forum seems to be plagued with a lot of ungrateful people.