Has the 2.0 Aluminium Macbook Got Decent Performance?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by virgo123, Jan 11, 2009.

1. virgo123 macrumors newbie

Hey, I'm wanting to get a Macbook but was wondering what the performance is like on the lower end one. Just wanted to hear from a few people who use it day to day, how does it perform under heavy programs, or multiple programs open at once? Some specific examples would be great if you have any.

Also on a separate note. Does the free ipod offer in the summer run after new ipods are announced?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

i'm not sure about the ipod deal, but i have a 2.0 macbook and my friend has the 2.4, the speed is practically the same and the 2.0 will handle pretty much anything you throw at it. ESPECIALLY if you upgrade your RAM to 4gb, its super fast.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

iPods are announced in September. The Back-to-School deal exists to clear out old iPods to make way for the year's new ones. You do not get the post-yearly-revision iPod in the deal.

4. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Pretty much. But a lot of people seem to think that apple does these deals because they love their customers so much.

5. Jiten macrumors 6502a

Jiten

According to most reviews on the net, the 2.0 Alu Macbook is just as fast as the old 2.2 Ghz Macbook Pro and that thing was snappy. So yes, its fast enough.

6. ari gold macrumors newbie

In this vein, how does the 2.0 handle HD streaming and scaling? I hope to use a 2.0 with Connect360 and stream to my 360, would there be any hiccups in the stream? Is the scaler in the MB better than the 360's scaler? Thanks and sorry for the hijack.

7. virgo123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. I've done a bit of research and found an email from october from apple saying that the free ipod deal finished on the 31st of October last year. So you could have grabbed a new ipod last year. So fingers crossed the same will happen this year!

8. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

I think that the "new" ipods are explicitly excluded from the deal. I seem to remember that.

9. Azukius macrumors newbie

Sorry for the (kind of) hijack. Does anyone know how well the 2.0 handles final cut express 4?
    Thanks