Has the app layout settings been changed/improved in OS2?

JD92

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2005
The layout is exactly the same as it is in Watch 1.0.1 What specific details were you looking for?
I suspect OP was looking to find out if the layout was exactly the same as it was in Watch 1.0.1.

riverfreak

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
Thonglor, Bangkok
No I am talking about the behavior of the app layout in the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. It's quite cumbersome and tedious to make meaningful layouts because of the lowest energy conformation algorithm that the app uses.

I was curious if this had been improved at all.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
No I am talking about the behavior of the app layout in the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. It's quite cumbersome and tedious to make meaningful layouts because of the lowest energy conformation algorithm that the app uses.

I was curious if this had been improved at all.
Are you referring to re-arranging the icons from the apple watch app itself?

If so, it seems to be the same pain in the butt.

riverfreak

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
Thonglor, Bangkok
Yep. That is precisely what I am talking about. This functionality needs improvement. The app blob is useless, but if you can easily arrange it into a structure that means something to you, it's much better.

Unfortunately, doing things like lines, or independent groupings is hard or impossible. I don't think the changes would be big as they are clearly using some network also to organize. Just needs to be a little less stringent.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Yep. That is precisely what I am talking about. This functionality needs improvement. The app blob is useless, but if you can easily arrange it into a structure that means something to you, it's much better.

Unfortunately, doing things like lines, or independent groupings is hard or impossible. I don't think the changes would be big as they are clearly using some network also to organize. Just needs to be a little less stringent.
If you could just move them around freely it would work. The whole tap and hold and wait and then move thing stinks.