Has the app layout settings been changed/improved in OS2?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by riverfreak, Jun 18, 2015.

1. riverfreak macrumors demi-god

riverfreak

Just curious if the App Layout function has been improved in OS2. Anybody with access care to comment?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The layout is exactly the same as it is in Watch 1.0.1 What specific details were you looking for?

3. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

I suspect OP was looking to find out if the layout was exactly the same as it was in Watch 1.0.1.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I don't quite follow. Are we talking about the honeycomb layout with all the app icons at the home screen?

5. riverfreak thread starter macrumors demi-god

riverfreak

No I am talking about the behavior of the app layout in the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. It's quite cumbersome and tedious to make meaningful layouts because of the lowest energy conformation algorithm that the app uses.

I was curious if this had been improved at all.

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Are you referring to re-arranging the icons from the apple watch app itself?

If so, it seems to be the same pain in the butt.

7. riverfreak thread starter macrumors demi-god

riverfreak

Yep. That is precisely what I am talking about. This functionality needs improvement. The app blob is useless, but if you can easily arrange it into a structure that means something to you, it's much better.

Unfortunately, doing things like lines, or independent groupings is hard or impossible. I don't think the changes would be big as they are clearly using some network also to organize. Just needs to be a little less stringent.

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

If you could just move them around freely it would work. The whole tap and hold and wait and then move thing stinks.