Has the apple watch replaced your daily driver?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by nasa25, Apr 26, 2015.

1. nasa25 macrumors 65816

Originally I figured I'd be using my apple watch solely for playing sports, but I love it so much I've decided to use it as my daily watch, replacing my citizen nighthawk, which I never thought I'd replace. Has anyone else found themselves in a similar situation?

2. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

3. jjlannoo Suspended

Yup replaced two Tissot T-touch Navigator 3000's I have worn for years

4. Wallabe macrumors 6502a

5. JKNorth macrumors member

6. Beechy macrumors member

Beechy

Yes. Replaced my Armani watch that i've had for about 6-7 years. Am now waiting for more bands to come out, as I wasn't that impressed with Apples initial offerings. The link bracelet seems too... toy like (due to a lack of weight) to be worth 379...

7. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

When it arrives it will (a mechanical Seiko), but all this fuss about watches had kinda sparked an interest. I'll probably swap the Apple Watch for a nice mechanical eventually.

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

My Pebble is boxed up and ready to be sold. Omega is in the safe. The Apple Watch is my daily driver.

9. whatos macrumors 6502a

While learning, testing, and evaluating my Apple Watch I wear it all hours of the day except for my work out and training routine each day.

Edit: I wear SUUNTO for training and competition.

While I'm finding the watch fun to learn, I am enjoying the differences. With a rather unintuitive UI, reading the manual and watching the videos were also fun. I love learning new things. Now that I have a very good grasp, it's fun but I don't plan to keep it unless it has some value to offer me.

Wanting to have the first hand experience, I bought it to try out and see for myself just how it measured up to Apples normal high level of hype. I'm not one to make any decision off others opinions, I'm glad I bought it and I won't decide till I give it a very fair chance to prove itself.

One question I do ask myself is... Will the unintuitive UI, plus requirement for an iPhone, and the other challenges facing a new user, caused them to ignore the Apple Watch... this ought to be very interesting.

10. Jason83 macrumors regular

Jason83

It replaced my pebble which is getting sold tomorrow.