Has the battery issue with 3.0 been fixed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bluesTank, Jul 12, 2009.

1. bluesTank macrumors regular

Someone told me not to upgrade to 3.0 due to an issue with it increasing the rate of battery draining.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed? Or was it even an issue?

2. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

unless you really need copy/paste or can utilize MMS/Tethering then I would hold off until 3.1.

Users have reported that battery's are draining a lot faster now.. apple hasn't said anything

3. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

I'm not one of those users. I've been using 3.0 since the day it came out. It's snappier than 2.2, and it does not drain the batter any faster than 2.2. That's my experience, at least.

BTW, OS 3.0 isn't just about copy/paste and MMS/Tethering. It has a lot of useful features as explained below.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/apple-iphone-os-30/

For me, I am extremely happy with its stability as well as its Bluetooth stereo support.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I also have had no problems with my battery. If anything things are much better, since some of the issues I had are gone.

5. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

Nope, I'm on 3.0 for both my iPod touch and my dad's iPhone, and battery life seems the same as 2.0.

6. MaxxTraxx macrumors 6502

There is no battery problem. I've had 3.0 since it came out.

7. daonesteven macrumors 6502

there's no issues with battery for me neither, but i am a member of a large group of people who believe 3.0 has made their 3g slower, most noticeable for me is in the messaging department.

8. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Hey, just like me!

9. Kartnck57 macrumors newbie

Swirlymms

Even though people are angered with AT&T at the fact that mms doesn't work yet, swirlymms is most peoples' next option. And although it works really well, it has been the reported cause of this EXTREME battery loss. Even I have noticed that if you have swirly, it could be the problem. Also, in your settings, turning the "push" off and setting your email to manually fetch new data can help save battery life. Hope this helps and feel free to email me.

10. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

Battery drains a LOT faster. It wasn't like this with the Betas. I was at the Apple Store last week getting some Anti-Glare films, asked one of the guys there and he said a ton of people are coming in thinking they have defective iPhones when really it's just 3.0. All he said to me was that 3.1 was supposed to improve battery life and help the 3GS with overheating.

11. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

All I know is that my new 3GS with 3.0 battery life sucks terribly compared to my 1st Gen iPhone on 2.2. I kinda wanna go back... 3GS is snappier, but not worth it at the expense of shorter battery life. I really hope this is an easy software fix.