Has the bowing problem been fixed on the Vapor Pro Comp?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richard371, Feb 22, 2012.

1. richard371 macrumors 68000

I tried one about 3 months ago and the plastic part bowed out. Has this been resolved? If so I may try another.

2. JMies419 macrumors 6502

I'd like to know as well, I like the looks of the Vapor Comp but have heard of this problem as well.

3. stcizzle macrumors regular

I doubt it's been resolved since its mass produced. My polycarbonate cap snapped where the screws screw into the aluminum frame but they sent me a new replacement ASAP once indent a picture to them. And I was very gentle with it and didn't over tighten it btw. I think they are having Tina of issues with that part of the comp. but ppl wanted that design bc of signal issues so it's boun to have stretching/bowing/breakin issues like every other plastic case. That's why I use the Vapor Pro. Much better quality and especially durability overall. Their customer service is great though if u wanna continue replacing parts on the Comp.

4. chiaster macrumors member

I bought the Vapor Comp Stealth (black/smoke) last month and it's been on my 4s since. No bowing/warping issue with the polycarbonate side whatsoever. I try and pull it away from the phone and it doesn't budge.

5. JMies419 macrumors 6502

Do you have any pictures of the case on your phone? Good to hear you are not having any problems!

6. Catiybrak macrumors newbie

Catiybrak

I wish i had the option of picking a the color of the case and the clear part of the case. My question is how durable this thing is with a skin on the back and a screen protector on the front. Most cases wont fit my phone with the skin and protector, so i use the bumper cases which actually make the phone bounce so it has shock resistance. This case however might wind up damaging my phone.... /sigh what to do what to do... guess ill save the money for something else lol