Has the cell reception on the IP6 been restored to 4s greatness?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Neon01, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Neon01 macrumors member

My wife and i both had iphone 4s' from launch. She still has hers, but i moved on to android since the display was too small. We both tried the 5 and later the 5s, but the cell reception was horrible. By horrible i mean the phone wouldn't even ring or makes calls in the same areas where we get very adequate service on our 4s and android phones. We're on at&t in a decently large suburban area with lte service here and there.

We desperately want to move on to the iPhone 6 from the 4s since its camera is pretty subpar compared to todays phones and we take tons of pics of the kids. The 5/5s were untenable for cell service. Has the 6 fixed the issues?

2. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

In my experience it's about on-par with the iPhone 5.

I haven't had any issues with it.

Sadly, Wifi reception doesn't seem to be quite as good, but the only real change has been "areas with really crappy Wifi reception at work now have slightly crappier reception". Not a huge loss.

3. Cyberius11 macrumors regular

My cell reception isn't as good on the 6 plus as my M8. It's dropped several calls in areas where I had no issues before.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

My house is in a poor reception area and I haven't noticed any change from my 4S. Tonight, if I remember, I'll try it in the back room (my 4S would drop to No Service in there).

5. wxman2003 Suspended

Cell strength in my house is no different than my 5S. Always around -105 to -110 dbm, but it doesn't drop from LTE to 3G like my 5S did. So it locks in the signal better.

6. winterny macrumors 6502

Identical performance to 5s for me. Signal at home measured -105 on AT&T on 5s and same -105 on 6+.

7. kaibob macrumors regular

8. cc999 macrumors 6502

Recption

I find the reception to be excellent. Its better than the HTC One M8 I had.
    It has alot more LTE bands which helps greatly. Voice quality is also crystal clear. I had Iphone 4 before then went to Nexus 4, then an HTC One M8. I have to say I am completely satisfied with the Iphone 6 I purchased. And not to jump off topic but the camera is unbelievably good!

CC

9. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

10. Neon01 thread starter macrumors member

I really don't know what to say about that. My experience with a 5 and two different 5s' compared to two different 4s' just didnt bear that out.

Thanks for all the great replies everyone, though I admit I'm a little disappointed in the message.

11. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I remembered :)

I'm getting 1-2 "bubbles" in the back room with my 6. That's an improvement!