Has the dock always had an opaque background?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by phositadc, Dec 1, 2013.

1. phositadc macrumors 6502

I don't use iOS very much so maybe it's always been this way, but is there any way to make the dock background transparent so I can see my wallpaper? As of now it's opaque. See attached picture. Maybe it's always been that way but somehow I just noticed it and I'd like to make it transparent. Thanks.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385948698.538936.jpg

2. albertxp06 macrumors regular

Looks like you have Increase Contrast on in Accessibility settings. Turning it off should at least let color blur through.

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

As the first response says, turn off Increase Contrast by going to Settings - General - Accessibility - Increase Contrast - turn off.

Still, on iOS 7, the dock is not very translucent. It should match your background color, but will not be transparent enough to really see your background clearly.

4. phositadc thread starter macrumors 6502

I do have increased contrast on. If turning it off won't give me full transparency (it doesn't--I checked), then I guess I'll just keep it on.

Thanks for the replies. Very odd that I never noticed that til today!

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

It won't give you full transparency but it will give you translucency more or less--still quite a bit better than what the increase contrast version of the setting does in that respect (especially in iOS 7.1 beta 1).