Has the expanding battery problem been fixed?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Furifo, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Furifo macrumors 6502

I made a thread on the MB section where various users convinced me to buy a MB even though it really is stretching my budget even with my HE discount. Anyway, the other day my father stopped me from buying it and said that if I waited until August (my birthday :D) he'd get me an MBP as a birthday present from him and mum :eek:

Awesome, right? Only problem is I'm worried about this expanding battery problem I keep hearing about. I've noticed it seems to be mainly on MBPs purchased from 2-3 years ago. Have Apple fixed the problem with the new MBPs?

I've also heard that another problem with them is the heat and that could possibly cause some components to malfunction. I'm thinking of getting a cooling pad to help keep it cool. There's loads around these days that are both efficient and portable. Can anyone recommend a particular one?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

This is only an issue with replaceable batteries, which the new MBP doesn't have.

If this is the case with your machine a cooling pad isn't going to help you in the first place. Save your money.

3. Furifo thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm. I thought a cooling pad helped to keep the machine alot cooler when doing cpu intensive tasks? They're fairly inexpensive too. I probably won't get one straight away. In any case, I used Mrgoogle and found plenty of threads about whether or not to get a cooling pad so I'll have a read of those.