Has the iPad 2 backlight bleeding issue been resolved now?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dj95, Oct 28, 2011.

1. dj95 macrumors member

Have any of you bought an iPad 2 recently and still encountered the backlight bleeding issue? Just wanted to know if Apple had resolved the issue yet.

Thanks

2. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I think either a) it's been resolved, b) it wasn't that big of a deal to begin with, or c) a combination of the two.

I exchanged 3 iPad 2's for issues with dust getting under the screen. Not one of the iPad 2's I have had were displaying the light bleed problem, and believe me, I checked them all. I guess they all had it a tiny bit, but I don't think I've ever owned an LCD device that DIDN'T have this problem in at least a small way.

In the end, I think it was a vocal minority having the issue, and some people who never would have even noticed it in the first place started obsessing about it for no reason. Hell, I just went to my friend's house over the weekend to see his new $2500 LED 3D TV, and guess what--when there's no picture on an all black screen, the lighting is uneven. It's the nature of LCDs I'm afraid.

3. davegoody macrumors 6502

davegoody

Mine is 100%

I got mine a few months ago now, no dust under screen and no visible light bleed

Luck of the draw sometimes I think.

4. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Mine's two weeks old and has a large bleed in the topleft, with little insignificant ones down the left edge.

5. number84 macrumors 6502

I got a replacement last week from Apple and it has a little but very little and not really noticeable as compared to the one I brought back (one of the first batches in Canada).

6. LongDistance macrumors newbie

Got mine about a month ago and I don't have any of the issues mentioned above, most especially not any backlight bleeding. :) whether that means they've fixed it or not, I couldn't say.

7. dj95 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all the responses guys, has definitely reassured me! :)

8. secksthoi macrumors member

I just bought an ipad2 from the Apple store last week. Had a full left side bleed, so I exchanged it for a second one which also has bleed in other areas (just not as bad, so it's a keeper). Like others have said, it really comes down to luck, even this late into the production cycle.