Has the iPhone 4 been improved over the past year?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eagleglen, Jun 7, 2011.

1. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

I just got my iPhone 4 replaced at a genius bar because it's home button was sticking sometimes. It was the original one I had gotten when I pre-ordered and then received actually the day before the official launch. Therefore, mine was produced before Apple started selling them and had any feed back. This replacement refurbished phone, which the genius claims is essentially new, does seem snappier and music plays louder. That might just be from the fresh battery

So I guess my question is, have there been any notable improvements made to the black GSM iPhone 4 since it was released in June 2010?

2. simply stunning macrumors regular

That is an interesting thought. I just got back from picking up a new white iphone4 and I have had the black one since last September. The new one I got is FLAWLESS! I never had a problem with my last one I had, but this one the home button is perfect, the glass looks better, the buttons are firmer, seems faster than my other, and the screen seems clearer.

All in all, I know that it just feels new, but this one is great!

3. eagleglen thread starter macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Yes. I get the same impressions. Does the volume also seem to go louder with you new phone? Mine certainly does.

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

No two iPhones are exactly, precisely, 100% the same. There are always going to be little miner, miner differences. Well most of the time.

It is however possible that Apple has modified their manufacturing processes over the last year to fix production issues or improve the iPhone 4.

5. simply stunning macrumors regular

I just tried it, and you are so rite! It is way louder. Although the screen seems "brighter", when I went into iPod it seemed to have a tint of yellow.