Has the iPod changed your life?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MsMerryMac, Sep 5, 2010.

1. MsMerryMac macrumors regular

May be the wrong place to post this so boo me and move me on if so. I just go to thinking that my iPod Touch has changed my life in so many awesome ways and wondered if any of you could say the same thing. My iPod has become my very reliable personal assistant without the messy complications of romance or lawsuits that RL assistants endure. It literally tells me when to brush my teeth, clean the rugs, empty the garbage, lock the door...you see, I have a medical condition that intermittently holds captive part of my memory for short bursts of time. Combine that with a dual diagnosis of attention deficit and I have no become the ultimate poster child for what iPod Touch can do! When I got the iPod Touch and my world was changed. There are dozens of apps that have literally given my life back to me in countless ways.

Some of those apps:
    Homeroutines...yes, I have to be reminded to vacuum, dust, cook dinner.

Things...planning out all those little and big things that tend to get lost whilst swimming through my foggy head.

Evernote...If I think it right now but don't write it down, i will forget it by the time I take five more steps.

Calendar and Clock....What would I do without those alerts and timers? For example...my spaghetti sauce would not be doing it's volcanic impression (again), bubbling over and oozing across the tile and spilling over on the WHITE carpet. I wouldn't forget the dentist appointment, I wouldn't forget to start dinner or feed the dog.

You see, I can live without a 5 megapixel cam on the back of the new Touch. I can totally overlook the shiny back that everyone's complaining about...a part that will be covered either by one's had or a case. I have no complaints at all about this life changing offering from Apple because it does what it does SOOOOOOOOOO well. The rest is just braggable fluff.

there is not a single moment when I do not have my iPod Touch on me or in my hands. It is truly my lifeline for remembering to take brain meds, feed the dog and go to bed.

2. waynechriss macrumors regular

I now carry an iPod Touch and Nexus One in tandem but the initial has been with me for years and its definitely changed a lot ha ha.

-Evernote I first discovered from Leo Laporte and along with the desktop application its gotten rid of notebook and pencil COMPLETELY (even for math, except for drawing). For Speech and Presentations I'd put my notes on my iPod and carry it with me when i talked, much easier to handle than stacks of paper on a podium.

-Email and Social Networking: I became a nut about checking my emails and my facebook and going on Beejive. In bed, in school, at stores, while i'm brushing my teeth.

-Youtube and Movies: I gotten the iPod Touch before getting a macbook and at the time i had a clunky desktop. Before I'd go to bed, I watched some movies or videos on the iPod and it was perfect cuz i was comfortable and it was my "me time" ha ha.

-Games: I invested into the games since they first came out and I spent more than 50 bucks in GAMES alone and i'm no longer going to invest in a console because its tough as a college student, gaming is an expensive hobby, not any longer with the iPod Touch.

Since I'M poor i'm downgrading my Nexus One just to text and it will be my full time camera while the iPod touch will be everything else and a HD recorder.

3. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

Yeah, it's made me poorer. :D I've purchased 5 of them in the last few years for gifts. Personally, I carry a Sansa Clip+. As an audio device, it's the best bang for the buck. iPods are too crippled for my needs.

4. jamied95 macrumors 6502

I think this happens with pretty much any Apple product at the moment! I couldn't live without my iPhone now! It's just such a complete experience - I've been trying to use the first one temporarily, without the apps, and music etc, and it's unbearable! Just love it!

5. puffnstuff macrumors 65816

It helps me get to places on time. I didn't have an alarm clock before so I had to use my natural clock which didn't work all the time.

Once I had booked a last minute flight. I arrived and the counter they said they couldn't find me. I took out my iPod and checked found out I booked for the next day so I was able to switch the flight and get on.

6. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I got a 32gb first gen iPod for my 16th birthday and loved it. I used it pretty much everywhere I went, especially after jailbreaking it (which was the only way to get apps back then). I eventually got a 32gb 2nd gen for the built in speaker and quicker CPU.

I moved onto an iPhone 3GS since I found myself yearning for the ability to use my ipod in a lot of places without any free wifi. I've now got an iPhone 4 and love it.

I wouldn't have gotten either of my iPhones if it wasn't for that first iPod touch I got in the beginning. I now can't imagine *not* having the Internet everywhere I go (though admittedly it's not much more useful than having an iPod touch and a dumb phone in areas that are still EDGE only).