Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonenub

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
I read awhile ago that older models of the MBP didn't sleep properly and overheated. Ever since I stopped sleeping it and instead turn it off. Do the newest models still suffer from this or should I feel confident to sleep my mbp and put it into a case for a few hours?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I read awhile ago that older models of the MBP didn't sleep properly and overheated. Ever since I stopped sleeping it and instead turn it off. Do the newest models still suffer from this or should I feel confident to sleep my mbp and put it into a case for a few hours?
A MBP can't overheat during sleep, as nothing is running. If it's overheating, it's not in sleep mode.

Mac OS X: Why your Mac might not sleep or stay in sleep mode
Determine why your Mac wakes up from sleep

GuitarG20

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2011

umm... when a mac is asleep, there is nothing generating heat, so technically speaking that is impossible...

iphonenub

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
Ok I won't put it to sleep with anything connected and I will never have to turn it off. Just making sure because of an old topic I read in here before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.