Has these issues been addressed in Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hdsalinas, Nov 5, 2007.

1. hdsalinas macrumors 6502

hdsalinas

Hi I am about to upgrade to Leopard in a few weeks or so. I was wondering if these issues has been addressed in leopard

1) Can you cut and place files?

2) In Preview, (or in quick view now I guess) can you browse through images in a folder without having to select every item

3) In Tiger Mail, I was only able to send attached images(jpegs) to other mac users. Windows users never received attached images. I had to send them inside a zip file. I have the "windows friendly attachment" option checked. BTW, I used Gmail, does that matter? Has this been fixed?

4) I wish that Leopard had a "tab Finder". Is there a 3rd party app that would add this function to tiger's/leopard's finder?

5) Can you add stuff do already burned CDs/DVDs? As much as I like my mac, is hard to believe it can do this.

Thats it for now,

thanks for all your replies

2. CavemanUK macrumors 6502

CavemanUK

No but you can copy/paste the same as tiger

Yes

This worked fine for me in Tiger and still works in Leopard

3. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

command - drag and drop will cut and paste

This is hardware related more than software related.

4. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

You can copy and paste file's, no you can't cut them. I doubt you will ever be able to cut them in OSX for many different reasons.

Yes, open an image in Quickview and using the arrow keys will go to the next document/image.

I have never once had this problem in OSX even on the first release of mail I could send JPGs to anyone. Im not sure what's wrong on your end, but that is not normal.

Not sure. Maybe someone else knows.

If you use Disk Utility to burn the disc, you can burn items to a disk in more than one session as long as space is available. This is also called multisession burning.

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

1) FileCutter lets you do this

5) Only with CD-RWs and DVD-RWs

6. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

No cut

Yes and you can psuedo do it in Tiger and in leopard (without preview) by adjusting the finder options to preview the item.

Always worked for me, might have been an issue iwth Gmail dunno since I don't use Gmail but I sent jpg's to windows users all the time in both versions (tiger and leo)

You can add items to your toolbar to give a tabbed feel. There's a post either here or macosxhints about dragging items to the toolbar for a more tabbed functionality. I think this was possible under tiger but I didn't find a need for it.

Unsure since most of my cdburning is via software like Toast.

7. hdsalinas thread starter macrumors 6502

hdsalinas

Thanks alll

Cant wait to upgrade.

Well I have always had this problem with sending jpegs through mail using my gmail account. Some people receive the files while others dont. I have to archive all the images before sending them to be sure they get them.

The tabbed finder would have been really usefull for me as I tend use and move files around a lot. I always end up with a few finder windows.