Has this happened to you?? Talk about bad timing!!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Billy95Tech, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy95Tech, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016

Billy95Tech Suspended

The other day I have had 1% of charge left of battery on my iPad Air 2 and straight after I plugged my charger to charge it the iPad crashed on me instantly could not do anything for a couple seconds everything just froze up on the sceen and after it just shut down to a dark screen by it self. :/ :/

The weird thing is that after I rebooted my iPad on, it was not working not as well anymore the apps and games was not loading up as a fast then before and the IOS animations like when unlocking and going on to the home screen, double pressing the home button to the app switcher it and switching app/games was kind of not as smooth, tiny bit of lag/delay in between, so I had to do a factory reset/hard reset on it and now it is running well again like loading apps and games up faster again but it is not as fast as before this happened and the animations like when going on to the homesceen is smooth again now, no lag/delay!! :)

And since this happened there is a space between % and the battery sign in the top right corner as before this happened there was no space in between!

And when I go on to the settings and go on to storage and instead of a full stop(dot) in the numbers now there is a , in between the numbers.

But i always keep seeing weird glitches in some games like GTA, Bus Simulator 2015 that I have never ever seen and had before the happened and because of this it ruins the experience badly a bit now and it is very annoying at times. :(

I know I should of not let the battery go down to 1% and wait till the last minute to charge it, I could of the just avoided the problem completely and started charging the battery at 5% as I always do but oh well my bad!!

What should I do?? How to fix this problem?? and Has this happened to you?? And how was your iPad after?? Good? bad?

TALK ABOUT BAD TIMING!!!!! :/ :/

Attached Files:

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Every once in a while, I've let the iPad run down until it shuts off, but I've never noticed it slowing down after that. Once I plug it in and it charges back up, it's always worked normally.

3. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Letting your devices completely die every now and then isn't a bad thing. You just don't want to let that happen frequently.

4. Billy95Tech, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016

Billy95Tech thread starter Suspended

Ok After I done a factory reset on my iPad.

On the battery in the top right corner now there is a space in between the % and the battery sign, I never had this happen before!! :(

What should I do?? Something bad definitely happened to my iPad maybe!!! :(

Attached Files:

5. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Given your experiences with electronics, and tablets in particular, you should totally go off the grid. I've seen few people who seem to have a storm cloud of gadget problems that is as pervasive as the one over you.

6. Billy95Tech, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016

Sorry but what do you mean by "You should totally go off the grid" and "pervasive"?? I don't understand!

7. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

He's saying that with your luck around electronics, you should just avoid them all. I do feel bad for you, but you have more problems with your stuff than anyone else I've ever had contact with.

8. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Off the grid:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off_the_grid

Scroll down to the end where it says:
    Colloquially, it may refer tangentially to, among other ideas:
    * Back-to-the-land movement
    * Simple living
    * Anarcho-primitivism

That's the sense he meant.

Pervasive:
    existing in or spreading through every part of something (usually said about something bad)

10. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    I keep my iPad plugged in 24/7. I usally wouldn't, but since the provided cord for the iPP is 6 feet... I can be further away from the plug outlet and still use my iPP.

11. loveandhavefun macrumors member

loveandhavefun

Hey, what I recommend is holding both the home and power button until the iPad switches off. Once the apple logo reappears, keep holding the home button. The iPad will switch off again and the logo will reappear but take slightly longer. This will refresh your devices internal clock etc. :)

12. Simche macrumors member

Simche

Try to "Hard Reset" it. Unlock the iPad, hold Home Button + Lock/Sleep Button all the way until it shuts down and re-starts. When you see the Apple logo upon booting, you may release the buttons you've been holding. This might just work, fixed many times I've had strange issues like wifi-problems etc.

13. Billy95Tech, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016

Sorry you guys are not getting what I mean, maybe I should of just been a bit clearer on what I mean in my thread!!

When it was on 1% of charge of battery when I plugged the charger in to charge it straight after instantly my iPad crashed on me instantly I could not do anything for a couple seconds everything just froze up on the sceen and after it just shut down to a dark sceen by it self. :/ :/

And since this happened there is a space between % and the battery sign in the top right corner as before this happened there was no space in between!

And when I go on to the settings and go on to storage and instead of a full stop(dot) in the numbers now there is a , in between the numbers.

And all so another problem I always keep seeing weird glitches in some games like GTA, Bus Simulator 2015 that I have never ever seen and had before this happened and because of this it ruins the experience badly a bit now and it is very annoying and frustrating at times. :(

Attached Files:

14. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

1. i have an empty space between the number and the %. Never noticed it before you mentioned... and now it is bothering me, LOL!

2. i have "," instead of ".". have you changed Language/Area from the settings maybe? because that is one diference between countries for example. we dont use "," to separate thousends for example but we use it as separating decimals... (e.g. 1999,95€)

15. Billy95Tech thread starter Suspended

Haha lol at the 1st one, it was bothering me as well!! :D

I have fixed the 1st 2 issues that I had, the 1st one it was by changing my location to United Kingdom(I will be moving back to England soon) from France and now there is a dot instead of a comma(,) it looks better! :)

And the 2nd one the space is gone, there is no space in between the % and the battery sign now!! :)

Much better now, just need to fix the 3rd glitch now hopefully!!

Attached Files:

16. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

You said you know you shouldn't let your iPad get so low on a charge, so I responded to that and said letting your devices completely die every now and then won't hurt it.

17. fanta88 macrumors 6502

Oh man ahahha. I find this thread entertaining, even with the op suspended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.