Has this happened to your Air after forcing it to shut down?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by DMCY22, Aug 17, 2012.

1. DMCY22, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012

DMCY22 macrumors newbie

Today, I tried to wake my 2012 MacBook Air (8GB RAM) from sleep mode but nothing showed up on the screen even though I could hear the fans running. The screen was blank for a good 10 seconds or so, so I held down the power button to turn it off.

After I turned my Air back on, my wallpaper automatically switched back to the default galaxy/space wallpaper instead of the one I'd set. Besides that and the fact that a RAMDisk that's supposed to auto-create after each boot up was not auto-created, everything else seems fine.

Any idea why this happened? And sometimes when I shut it down, it takes a good 10 seconds to shut down with dock only disappearing halfway.

Thanks!

2. Calot macrumors regular

Too many back programs/processes running. If you close everything before turning it off it takes 1-2 seconds tu shut down. Check activity monitor. (applications>utilities>activity monitor)

3. DMCY22 thread starter macrumors newbie

There's been a few times where I quit all my programs first then shut down and still had the same problem. But I'll give it a shot again.

4. Blackberryroid macrumors 6502a

Blackberryroid

I think this happened to me once. Just once. Usually goes away too. Probably just hibernation.