Has This Happened With Your Camera?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by smfinlay, Aug 31, 2008.

1. smfinlay macrumors member

Ever since the 2.0 update (on 1st gen phone), I have been having an issue with the camera where I take a picture, and it seems to artifact. It doesn't happen ever picture, just randomly. Here is an example:

[​IMG]

Has anyone experienced this, and if so do you know a fix, or did you take it back to apple? Thanks.

UPDATE: Just saw this post on TUAW - http://www.tuaw.com/2008/09/02/flickr-find-iphone-cubism/
    And someone created a group on Flickr

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I've had it happen. Bug in the 2.0.x software. No point in taking it back to Apple.

3. craigverse macrumors 6502

craigverse

mmHmm!

I was taking a picture for loopt and it went all wiggady wack on me!

Attached Files:

4. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

That's happens to my phone too but mine is not 3g. It has the 2.0.2 software installed. I was beginning to think maybe my iphone was messed up.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yes. The wifey has a first generation iPhone and it randomly happens to her. Nice shoes. :D

6. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

Looks like some creative photography to me... :D

7. calculus Guest

calculus

I've had it happen once or twice. I think the first time was with the original software.

8. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

You're not nutty ;)

Yep, it's happened a few times here. Personally, I think the splinched pics look niftier than if they were normal :p

Attached Files:

9. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

Plus, it's kind of like a home made puzzle game, so you can put the pic back to how it should look...if you're having a slow day you could do that I suppose. :)

10. smfinlay thread starter macrumors member

Whew! I've tried looking everywhere for any info on this issue and found nothing. But it looks like this is a common problem and hopefully apple has a fix for it in the works.

11. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I had it happen last night for the first time. The screen became a split screen and when I took a picture like that, the picture turned out normal.